3 mile walk.

2 hours cleaning leaves out of gutters.

Ahhh.  Day off from work.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

From where you are, you can take Jamboree to Balboa Island. cross the bridge onto the island and go straight until you get to the end of the island. Turn right and run along the sea wall. Dodge the kids with rowboats when you pass the "yacht club".

When you get to the ferry port, you get a break. Take the ferry. I think it costs $1 and takes 5 minutes tops. They always have a bunch running so as a walk on no real wait.

Get off the ferry and run straight until you get to the beach. Turn left to run south towards The Wedge, turn right to run north towards Balboa Pier. Turn back when you're halfway.

Bathrooms are at the fire station when you get to the island and at the ferry station. On the mainland, they come up pretty regularly along the beach.

Loops of the island work well too if you aren't going far or don't want to deal with the ferry, but the ferry is cute.

Zel beat me to it. As you cross the bridge, the yacht club on your right is where DW and I had our wedding reception 25 years ago next June. Damn. 25 years...  Have a good trip, Dave.

This sounds pretty cool. But I won't have too much time tomorrow, so we'll see.

Dave

LRB

Done! Only took me 4 years of posting here.  Didn't realize I guess.

MTA: I can't believe it's been 4 years.

I know! November 24, 2012. Yep, crazy.

I know! November 24, 2012. Yep, crazy.

Not sure whether you're able to look that up, or you just remember everything. And hey, turns out I am celebrating my 4-year anniversary with a 5k. And a huge turkey dinner.

Dave

ap4

You can also go the other way around Back Bay through the neighborhood's or instead of veering right (Southwest) to go around Back Bay from your hotel, head towards UCI, taking the underpass below Jamboree to go up the San Diego Creek trail. That is a pretty straight shot for at least 7-8 miles with no car traffic. That trail is my bread and butter and fairly flat. Let me know if you want hills or trails and I can point you in the right direction.

Back Bay Trail in Newport Beach. Pretty nice, a lot of runners & cyclists. (Can you see the map in my log?)

You can also go the other way around Back Bay through the neighborhood's or instead of veering right (Southwest) to go around Back Bay from your hotel, head towards UCI, taking the underpass below Jamboree to go up the San Diego Creek trail. That is a pretty straight shot for at least 7-8 miles with no car traffic. That trail is my bread and butter and fairly flat. Let me know if you want hills or trails and I can point you in the right direction.

Thanks. I think I saw that underpass this morning, where the 2 trails split, but it was right around my turnaround point already.

Dave

ap4

There's street parking on Eastbluff and University if you didn't want that long of a run. Alternatively you can run through Corona Del Mar to Crystal Cove State Park which is really pretty, but you're going to have to deal with some car traffic to get there. Your hotel is pretty close to the start to the OC marathon. BTW, can you make this heat wave go away?

Little Blue

ap4

Crystal Cove at sunrise:

Docket_Rocket

Those are gorgeous, ap4!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

0 miles running, 11 miles of walking and standing on my feet all day.  Got a nasty cold too.  Bed time soon.....

<3

onemile

I ran 15ish with 10x1mile at HMP

LRB

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little time on the treadmill, lower body weights and core.

Beautiful views AP4.