Beginners and Beyond

Alter-G treadmill (Read 58 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Yes, you wear the AlterG shorts that zip you into the bubble... that's how it can unweigh you!  It's annoying because if you want to take a pee break, you have to unzip and then when you come back you have to recalibrate... I don't know why the thing even has a pause button.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

OK, so the shorts weren't too bad unless I got up lower than 70% body weight.  I did try to get down to 50%, but it actually crunched my lower back too much, and it was basically giving me a major wedgie, so I was happy to only get to 60% for a bit just to see how it felt.  But for the most part hung out at 75%.

When I stopped the thing, I felt like I weighed 400 pounds lol

bluerun

Super B****

OK, so the shorts weren't too bad unless I got up lower than 70% body weight.  I did try to get down to 50%, but it actually crunched my lower back too much, and it was basically giving me a major wedgie, so I was happy to only get to 60% for a bit just to see how it felt.  But for the most part hung out at 75%.

When I stopped the thing, I felt like I weighed 400 pounds lol

I once went down to 20% just so I could see what it felt like to go from that to 100% in one go.  That was fun.

chasing the impossible

LRB

They have one where I do red cord but I have never been on it. 

That's about to change in 3, 2, 1....

LRB

So I do not need my own shorts? Is that what I am getting from this?

Hip Redux

So I do not need my own shorts? Is that what I am getting from this?

You wear your shorts under the neoprene ones that they have to zip into the machine.

LRB

You wear your shorts under the neoprene ones that they have to zip into the machine.

Oh...

...say, that had the feeling of a stupid question. IT'S MY FIRST TIME ALRIGHT.

Sheesh, tough crowd.

Hip Redux

No, it was more I was trying to be factual vs. a smart ass like I usually am.  

The neoprene shorts reminded me of what getting into a wet suit feels like.  But just focused around the crotch only.

LRB

No, it was more I was trying to be factual vs. a smart ass like I usually am.  

I make it hard I know. lol

I have requested that I be allowed to increase to 75% body-weight if I am uncomfortable in the 60's. She has not responded yet.

bluerun

Super B****

TECHNICALLY you don't need your own shorts.  Then again, TECHNICALLY you can run without shorts outside, too. 

And tight shorts (think compression style) are a better choice than standard running shorts, which can bunch up and chafe.

chasing the impossible

Hip Redux

^^^^ I questioned how they cleaned those things in between uses.   The extra layer seemed worthwhile. lol

bluerun

Super B****

They toss them in the washing machine at my PT clinic.  I hand wash mine in the bathtub.

chasing the impossible

LRB

They toss them in the washing machine at my PT clinic. 

They do that at mine as well, although I never really paid much attention to exactly what they were doing. I will tomorrow for sure.

LRB

And tight shorts (think compression style) are a better choice than standard running shorts, which can bunch up and chafe.

Thanks. I surmised as much based on my history with standard shorts.