Beginners and Beyond

Disney Princess Runners.....who is going? (Read 99 times)

Ball of Fury

Yeah...Disney running is not the same as regular running..which is great because it gets people active that otherwise wouldn't be!  But, for the full last month, I ha a terrible race and still finished in the top 15%...at least it's an ego boost!!

I would have finished 486th last year!LOL

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

Not to hijack your thread but hi George!!!  How are you??

For the Disney Full last month the corals were released about 8 min apart. The full had 7 or 8 corals so it took those in G almost 45 min to work their way to the starting line. Figure about the same time.

Princess half is the same start line as the Full last month and the walk from Epcot was not bad at all.  The announcer called for the early corals (Ok runners... Coral A & B please proceed...) which helped to stagger the crowd walking away from the staging areas.

Docket_Rocket

Hope you girls have fun!  I will be closer to you than ever (except Lara who will be as close to me as usual).Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Strict WTF adherent

I would have finished 486th last year!LOL

Heh, I was somewhere around 80th in the Disneyland half a few years ago. That shouldn't happen in a race that size.

I briefly was a spectator for the Disney World marathon last month and saw the 7:00 pace group go by. I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Soooo.... anyone running the 5k? I was thinking about it, but did some speedwork today and then thought maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

Strict WTF adherent

D - you running?

Jess runs for bacon

I just saw that my bib number is on the waiver, duh. Still can't figure out where the corral assignment is though.

Just B.S.

I just saw that my bib number is on the waiver, duh. Still can't figure out where the corral assignment is though.

Yes I saw that when I rec'd the email.

Sneak peak of part of my t-shirt for the race. I designed and made 3 identical costumes for us (except

for the name part!LOL). All red and white with red/white tutu's and wands.

If you see us make sure to say hell!

Ball of Fury

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/princess/CorralAssignmentsPRN.pdf

Just B.S.

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/princess/CorralAssignmentsPRN.pdf

Thanks Ami.

Looks like two of us would be in A but the b'day girl will be in B, so we will all stick together.

Too bad, as a 2 hr halfer I don't usually get an "A" corral!LOL Would have been nice.

Ball of Fury

You're welcome!  At least your bib will say A, right?

Thanks Ami.

Looks like two of us would be in A but the b'day girl will be in B, so we will all stick together.

Too bad, as a 2 hr halfer I don't usually get an "A" corral!LOL Would have been nice.

Just B.S.

You're welcome!  At least your bib will say A, right?

Oh really? I've never had a bib with the coral # printed on it. Yipee! (I am easy to pleaseSmile)

Ball of Fury

Lol...me too!  They do that at Disney because they actually make sure you are in the right corral (or at least not moving up!).  DH and I are so goofy we knew we qualified for Corral A for the marathon last month so we had them move us up at the Expo (they put an A sticker over our B sticker), even though we knew we planned to start in Corral B the whole time, because that's where the 4 and 4:15 pace groups were!  It's just fun to sometimes have an A Bib....Disney is really the only place I ever qualify for one!

Just B.S.

Lol...me too!  They do that at Disney because they actually make sure you are in the right corral (or at least not moving up!).  DH and I are so goofy we knew we qualified for Corral A for the marathon last month so we had them move us up at the Expo (they put an A sticker over our B sticker), even though we knew we planned to start in Corral B the whole time, because that's where the 4 and 4:15 pace groups were!  It's just fun to sometimes have an A Bib....Disney is really the only place I ever qualify for one!

It's a little ironic that it will be my first "A" bib ever and likely also my slowest half ever (it will be my 25th).

Based on our 10 miler on Saturday I think the B'day girl can come in around 2:25 depending on how

many photos stops she wants to take. The day is all about her so we are just following her lead.

I don't give a toot how long it takes. I will be at Disney and it will be warm!! It's a win/win for me!

Jess runs for bacon

Thanks Ami!!!! Holy crap I am in B??? Sweeeeeet.

Ball of Fury

Hope you have a great trip!  Try the avocado margarita in the tequila bar in the Mexican pavilion at Epcot....best drink ever!

It's a little ironic that it will be my first "A" bib ever and likely also my slowest half ever (it will be my 25th).

Based on our 10 miler on Saturday I think the B'day girl can come in around 2:25 depending on how

many photos stops she wants to take. The day is all about her so we are just following her lead.

I don't give a toot how long it takes. I will be at Disney and it will be warm!! It's a win/win for me!