Beginners and Beyond

Post your Running buddy pictures! our 4 legged friends. (Read 373 times)

Dad on the run.

Ok, so FreeSoul87 started a thread about her Heeler mix and it led me to the idea of starting a thread showing pictures of your running partner! If your dog don't run with you its ok post a pic anyways!

These are my running buddies.

This is Brody. He will be 2 on Dec 22nd. He has been running with me since I started in may and he has done up to 6 miles with me, unfortunetly when running he feels the need to poop... a lot.

This little bugger is Carter, my hyper P.I.T.A (pain in the ass). He runs with me when I do a 3miler and he gets home and still wants to just keep going and going and going. Brody was never this hyper. Brody gets done running and he is chill for the rest of the day.

And one more picture of the two of them playing together just for good measure

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

mucknort

Erika is a rescue doggie from Puerto Rico. (She hates having her picture taken!)

delicate flower

The old lady.  Won a bunch of races in her day.  Fast even by greyhound standards.

The young punk.  She wasn't much of a racer.  I'm guessing she was too busy scrounging for food. 

Best buddies.  Or at the very least, they put up with each other.

<3

Dad on the run.

Erika is a rescue doggie from Puerto Rico. (She hates having her picture taken!)

She is just more modest than you are... I saw that leg shot of yours...

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Nevrgivup

These are my two. I wish they ran. Cuddling is their middle name. I'd love to have a dog big enough to run with, but its takes a lot of work to care for them. These two are easy.

picpic

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

Pretty dogs, everyone!

^^^^That's Charles Darwin up there, aka Charlie...or Chuck D, if you like. He doesn't really run with me, so much as he runs at me. He has a four foot vertical jump. He shows affection by bringing me dead lizards, and the occassional small animal jawbone that he has dug up (the former homeowners guinea pig. that was a banner day). He has a refined palate, preferring to dine on only my children's priciest toys. But when it comes to whose feet to pee at? He does not discriminate. He does a lot of things. Running with me is not one. Although, our leg length is really about the same.

curmudgeon at large

Taking pictures steals their souls.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My 4-legged running buddy whom I see at the park once in a while.  He always gets mad at me cuz I'm way too slow...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was hoping that I'd get something started. I love threads like this Big grin

I love it when my dogs "fly", Molly did it so well and Rocky isn't half bad either Smile

February 2012February 2012August 2011

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Dad on the run.

Love those pictures FreeSoul.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

I just showed Charlie all of these pics. So, if he ever sees a real dog he will recognize what one looks like.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

This is Chloe, our lab. That thing in her mouth is her tongue, not a side of beef. Smile

mucknort

I just showed Charlie all of these pics. So, if he ever sees a real dog he will recognize what one looks like.

I loved your description of Charlie, Kara!

Dad on the run.

This is Chloe, our lab. That thing in her mouth is her tongue, not a side of beef. Smile

HAHAHA! Did you see the spatula hanging out of my puppies mouth? And if your dog is anything like mine they like to catch you off guard and use every last inch of that tongue to lick you from chin to forehead.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Just B.S.

<-------------Sucker for a pet thread!!!!

No running doggies but I will post my photos anyway.

Riley couldn't run with me after age 3 when he had dysplasia surgery. Buster is too old and fat!LOL

This is Riley, he was a Belgian Shepherd/Border Collie mix and perhaps the most intelligent and beloved dog I

have ever met. Even people who didn't like dogs loved Riley. He was 12 years old in perfect health and suffered

a heart attack and died in my arms on August 9, 2010. Everyone loved him and all of our neighbours sent

condolence cards and people still talk about him.  I didn't think I would ever get over it or ever get another dog............ 

Then this guy's owner was moving and couldn't take him home. Not too many people want an 8 yr old dog with confidence issues but we already knew and loved him and there was no way I was letting him go to strangers, as that would have been too hard for him. He came to live with us in March. Buster is very "unique", a little stubborn and extremely loving. No dog can ever replace Riley in my heart but Buster has made a new place of his own.