Beginners and Beyond

Older Penguin Thursdalies (Read 20 times)

hog4life

Another school shooting. When will the U.S. have real gun control laws??? Sad

Where was this one?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

How did I miss this holiday !!!

Bri, maybe we could swap houses.  Mine is down to 67*.

Today's run did not go well.  To avoid a chilly north wind on the bike path, we decided to run East/West on the streets and get a little sun. At 1.5 miles DW trips on a crack in the sidewalk and scrapes up her knees, hands, and face.  So we run/walked back.  She was very pissed off and shaken, but fortunately nothing was injured, mostly pride.  First time one of us fell while running together,.  Hopefully we will get back on the bike path tomorrow.  Still planning for a 5K on Sunday.

PADRunner

Where was this one?

Oregon Community College.

Zelanie

A couple hours south of here. We thought we had a friend who worked there, but I think he works in the next town over.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

A couple hours south of here. We thought we had a friend who worked there, but I think he works in the next town over.

Glad to hear your friend is okay.

Relevant.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

Jerry - I hope your wife is okay.  Sometimes after a fall, you end up feeling stiff and sore the next day.  I hope you do well at the 5k this weekend.  With the wet weather in the forecast, racing is going to be challenging.

Mitch - what are the four races?  I'm glad your ankle is feeling better.

It was cold and rainy here, the first really fall-like day.  I did 8 on the TM and decided to do some intervals:  basically 2 minutes at 5k pace with recovery then 4 minutes at HM pace and 2 minutes recovery times 4.   It went well.

Amazonian Princess

Okay - first attempt to post a pic. Please ignore the horrible flappy arms and check out the floating cooked Bacon at the end of Sunday's RnR HM 

I can. I will. I am. 

Brilliant

Okay - first attempt to post a pic. Please ignore the horrible flappy arms and check out the floating cooked Bacon at the end of Sunday's RnR HM 

Fantastic pic!  I love your outfit, too. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

+1

GinnyinPA

Nice floater and great smile.

Docket_Rocket

Nice floater!  And unless I am mistaken by the brand, I did not know you liked to Sparkle, Baconista.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Amazonian Princess

Thanks, guys 

The red shirt I'm wearing is for my club, the Red Power Divas, and yes, I do enjoy a nice Sparkle! The flag emblems are actually pockets and very handy.

I know there are some that say if I can smile at the end of a race that I didn't work hard enough, but I smile when I run because I'm so darn amazed that I'm doing it 

I can. I will. I am. 

GinnyinPA

Pockets are good.  I've been looking for some capris and none of the ones I have seen have pockets.  Since I always need a handkerchief and sometimes carry car keys, I'd like pockets so I don't have to use my fanny pack on short runs.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Pockets are good.  I've been looking for some capris and none of the ones I have seen have pockets.  Since I always need a handkerchief and sometimes carry car keys, I'd like pockets so I don't have to use my fanny pack on short runs.

I got these.

They have a little zipper pocket in the back that can fit a key.  Also, for 8 bucks they aren't too bad =D

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Amazonian Princess

I got these.

They have a little zipper pocket in the back that can fit a key.  Also, for 8 bucks they aren't too bad =D

$8.00 ???

I bow to your shopping prowess...

I can. I will. I am.