Beginners and Beyond

Don't Bring Me Down Wednesdailies! (Read 47 times)

Hip Redux

Have you nodded off yet?

I'm still asleep.

Dad on the run.

Baboon - I could not agree with you more. I complain to my wife about this all the time.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What is it with folks who have super limp hand shakes?  I just met a woman at work and I felt the bones in her hand crunch.  Ewww!  She just held her hand out with no grip...I might as well been shaking the leaf on a tree branch.

Actually, Phil, my hand would probably be like that too, lol.  I HATE shaking hands because I have some mild arthritis in my hands and when I shake hands with those people who think they have to give a Super Power Grip handshake, it actually hurts my hand.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I HATE shaking hands because I have some mild arthritis in my hands and when I shake hands with those people who think they have to give a Super Power Grip handshake, it actually hurts my hand.

I hate shaking hands when the person then reaches to their nose and wipes it to keep it from dripping.

But yeah, the limp fish handshake just screams, I don't like you!

Will run for scenery.

Scotty, I'm glad the vertigo wasn't anything more serious.

One thing you might try is putting a few drops of chicken soup in the opposite ear.

Then you'd have a broth-ear and a cyst-ear.  Big grin

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Jess runs for bacon

Howdy! 7 miles at almost MP. On the treadmill again, still practicing the RW half course. My hip was bothering again, grumble grumble. Watching Sleepy Hollow now with some ice and Advil. I think there is some swelling so just being proactive even though it doesn't hurt right this second.

LRB

My hip was bothering again, grumble grumble.

Put a piece of bacon on it and make you both happy!  ; )

But yeah, the limp fish handshake just screams, I don't like you!

Or, "I have no conviction and am not confident in who I am."

15.3 GA on a bee-you-tee-ful fall afternoon.  Fireplace lit, chores done, drinks with an old friend who wants me to help her start running.  Heck yeah.

Jess runs for bacon

Put a piece of bacon on it and make you both happy!  ; )

Maybe that's my problem, I haven't had bacon in weeks!

LRB

"I have no conviction and am not confident in who I am."

Or that, the same can be said of people who avoid eye contact.

Hip Redux

Or, "I have no conviction and am not confident in who I am."

15.3 GA on a bee-you-tee-ful fall afternoon.  Fireplace lit, chores done, drinks with an old friend who wants me to help her start running.  Heck yeah.

Nice!  Wait.... is that a euphemism?  Big grin

Nice!  Wait.... is that a euphemism?  Big grin

I would. Er wait, no? Big grin

Zelanie

Daniels and lighter is an oxymoron.  Most of his plans has you running faster than the intended pace, so they will probably be "I" or 5k pace intervals.

It wasn't too bad, actually 4 x 1000 @ T, then 6 x 200 @ R pace with 200m recoveries.  Only I must have fat fingered the program since I had to program the workout on my watch instead of online, so when we ran the first 200m, we got to where we should have been ending, and my watch wa telling me I still had .32 miles left!  Hell, no!  I must have been using the program that had some 800s in there instead.  So I stopped and built a quick new program for the next 5 200s.  Well, 0.15 mile repeats because that was the closest I could get without changing to metric or getting online.  Then I accidentally got some open intervals before each repeat, so one of those 200s was closer to 400, yikes!  The running itself was fun, though, and my same-pace RP came to run with me again.

Scotty- Glad you are OK and that they were able to get you in so quickly!