Beginners and Beyond

RR -- Jerusalem Half Marathon 2013 (updated with pictures) (Read 109 times)

MrNamtor

Way to go, bluerun!

Luke79

Awesome Blue.  I'm really happy that you are no longer, at least in this moment in time, "a perennial stress fracture."  You crushed your goal time and had an amazing life experience that you will forever look back on with positive feelings.  Very cool.

Great job, Blue.  Very well-written report.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Nicely done! You ran lights out! It is very inspiring to read a RR like this when somebody runs beyond their expectations. Well written and well done! Thank you for sharing. With some more training you can really surprise yourself.

Zelanie

Very nicely done!  I knew you were shooting for sub-2, but I didn't know why!  Thanks for sharing the entire story, and congrats on cutting your half marathon PR time *in half*!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow, what a PR!  You were awesome!  I can't imagine what it felt like to just be blowing through those miles and feeling strong.  After all you've been through, you deserved that result.  Congratulations for what you've accomplished, especially when nobody would have thought twice if you had decided that running just wasn't for you.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

Thanks, guys!!  I realized that this RR actually isn't half as long as it could have been, there are so many things I remembered after I wrote it... ha.  And I figured out that I PRed by 2:07:39.  That has to be some sort of world record, right?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

And I figured out that I PRed by 2:07:39.  That has to be some sort of world record, right?!

With some of your comments leading up to this event, the PR is that you finished in one piece ha-ha!

When is your next half?

meaghansketch

Congratulations on the HUGE PR and on a great race!  It sounds like a tough course and you've certainly dealt with a lot getting there.  Cutting your time in half is a huge accomplishment.

bluerun

Super B****

With some of your comments leading up to this event, the PR is that you finished in one piece ha-ha!

When is your next half?

It's ALWAYS a miracle when I finish a race in one piece.  Hell, it's a miracle when I finish a training run in one piece!!

I'm eyeing one in May -- it's on a boring, un-picturesque course, but it's flat... which might give me a shot at 1:45.  I can't believe I am actually entertaining the thought -- that was my 5K pace a year ago!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Check out the awesome souvenirs I just got from a friend who ran the half. Her husband just came from Israel and she sent them to me as gifts.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

onemile

Very cool. Go get it.  Smile

I'm eyeing one in May -- it's on a boring, un-picturesque course, but it's flat... which might give me a shot at 1:45.  I can't believe I am actually entertaining the thought -- that was my 5K pace a year ago!!

LRB

Oh boy!   Cool

Ball of Fury

What an amazing job!  That is a huge PR...congratulations!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

You ran an awesome race, congrats.