Beginners and Beyond

THURSdaylies are also for running. (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not really mojo. Just arrived home from London on Tuesday night and still feeling the effects of an exhausting day of travel and messed up from the time change.

True.... I've never flown so I don't know that crappy feeling.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Runshortii

Went out to do 6, weather app said I had 90 minutes before the big storm hit. Weather app was wrong. Ended up with 4 miles, with the last .50 miles sprinting around my neighborhood trying to at least get to 4 miles and avoid being struck by lightening lol

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I can do 15 hours of swimming, biking and running in 1 day....but I'm winded when I get to the top of the (1) flight of stairs at work.

On a trip to Yellowstone my DD, 3 grandkids, and I took the steps to the bottom of the gorge by Lower Yellowstone Falls. I raced the grandkids back to the top and left them panting behind me. I have no idea how many steps or the vertical gain, but there were 2 or 3 benches on the way up for people to rest.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

No more marathons

Interesting how much a difference a few degrees of temperature can make.

Yesterday it was 88 and while I got my normal 4ish miles in, they were some of my slowest.

Today the temp was "only" 82 and I was actually able to get my scheduled tempo(ish) run in.

Better pace than same effort last week, and lower heart rate.

I'm sure the cloud cover instead of intense sun made a difference also.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.9. Made it home before the rain started again, although there may have been a few drops while I was running. Or maybe that was just sweat. I couldn't really tell, despite it being 20 degrees cooler than it has been, pretty sure the temp & dewpoint were the same.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another 3.5 miles tonight.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

4 miles a couple of hours ago when it had cooled off to 82.

marathon pr - 3:16