Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 44 times)

I did an eight-mile progression run in 1:14:26 (9:19 pace) on the TM:

6.1mph (9:49)

6.2mph (9:40)

6.3mph (9:31)

6.4mph (9:22)

6.5mph (9:13)

6.6mph (9:05)

6.7mph (8:57)

6.8mph (8:49)

I watched 1.25 episodes of NCIS while I did my thing. No discomfort. The only annoyance was that the one treadmill in the gym that can be set to up to ninety-nine minutes was occupiedSad I had to jog in place as I was resetting it. The thing had the nerve to stop after sixty minutes. No me gusta, as they say back in Lynn.

Docket_Rocket

Because she is a fucking idiot?

Damaris, why does she insist on adjusting the thermostat when you're the only one affected?!?!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I forgot my asthma meds and my chest was tight, so for the life of me I cannot explain the speed of my 6 miler today.  I think it's the fastest I have run in months.  And it was 93F.Surprised

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Monday, Dailies!

Happy Runniversary, Kristin!

4 miles early this morning, before sunup. The days are getting shorter.

In other news, mowed the second half of the lawn. Still have to do the hand mowing, and trimming, but that's for tomorrow.

Nothing else to report.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Back from my massage, it did not hurt as much as it did last time.  She said I was not as knotty so maybe that is why.

I talk a lot to pass the time and asked if any men ever wore a thong when getting a massage, you know, just to keep things light.  She laughed so fuckin' hard I thought she was going to fall down!  Finally after about five minutes she said no.

What can I say, I like to make people laugh.  Wink

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I ended up running again, and just doing the exact same route.  So, 8.4 more miles, this time at 7:41.  It's funny, the effort was the same, but the pace was faster because of the time of day and the fact that the junk was out of my legs.

Basya...Nice work on that progression run!  Those TMs that shut off are obnoxious.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

8 miles @ 8:20 w/ 8 strides. Although I was able to pick it up a bit near the end, my legs felt pretty dead throughout.

Hi dailies:

SRD, some cross-training with the lawnmower and sparring with the cat.

Will run for scenery.

Sparring w/ the cat : is this a new craze I'm the last to hear about ?

After being away for a week my cats are stuck all over me, and squawking and scolding like howler monkeys. I spent some time patting my male cat on the belly until he goes crazy and starts play-biting me on the chest.  I think he'd like the sparring thing.

Hi dailies:

SRD, some cross-training with the lawnmower and sparring with the cat.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!