Beginners and Beyond

Psst - Wanna Laugh? ThursDAILIES (Read 286 times)

sheepla, welcome!

All this talk about the cakeballs is making me hungry:/

I was able to leave work twenty minutes early. I'm on my way to the gym, then dinner. I'm looking forward to the little extra bit o'sleep.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  I feel like I haven't stopped all day today, so I'm just poking in.  I ran 11 miles this morning at recovery pace, but did cover 600 feet of elevation gain.  I don't know if that negates the recovery portion of the run or not, but it felt good to take it easy.  I'll try to read and see what you all are up to later on.  First I have to eat and then make some fudge.  Yum!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I know - all I can think of is SNL's Schweddy Balls sketch.

Great call!  Those are so funny because the actors are trying not to laugh!

Will run for scenery.

Just thought I'd post from work (desktop computer)  and enjoy the awesomeness of paragraphs without writing HTML code.

I see we do have avatars here at RA, just not for smart(phone)-alecs.  I tried to upload one, but I get a broken image icon.  Any tips/tricks on getting an avatar uploaded ?  (I tried a jpeg file, 100x75. No workie.)

UPDATE : I checked the box to make my profile visible to the world, and I now see the pic in my profile page, but not here.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Nevrgivup

Amazing run tonight! 4 miles TM. New shoes. Feel like I'm getting my groove back. Hells yeah!! Cool

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

LRB

Just thought I'd post from work (desktop computer)  and enjoy the awesomeness of paragraphs without writing HTML code.

I see we do have avatars here at RA, just not for smart(phone)-alecs.  I tried to upload one, but I get a broken image icon.  Any tips/tricks on getting an avatar uploaded ?  (I tried a jpeg file, 100x75. No workie.)

UPDATE : I checked the box to make my profile visible to the world, and I now see the pic in my profile page, but not here.

Avi's are added under my forum preferences.  And just so you know, damn near everyone here had the same puzzle to solve!

@runjerseygirl

Amazing run tonight! 4 miles TM. New shoes. Feel like I'm getting my groove back. Hells yeah!! Cool

Awesome!  So happy for you! Smile

Do you even run?

Nevrgivup

Awesome!  So happy for you! Smile

Thanks Kay.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

@runjerseygirl

I just logged my run for today and realized something.  I hit a new monthly PR with today's run!  54 miles in a month.  The most since I started running.  And it's only the 20th!  Woot!!!

Do you even run?

LRB

So I'm running on the treadmill while talking about gait analysis with my PT.  So I asked was she analyzing my gait as I ran, she said no, she does it when I walk!

Anyhoo, 1.1 miles done in ten minutes and now it's time for a snack.  Hmm, let's see.  I think I burned enough calories to have....one half of a peanut:

Hmm, I'm gonna enjoy this!

Docket_Rocket

So I'm running on the treadmill while talking about gait analysis with my PT.  So I asked was she analyzing my gait as I ran, she said no, she does it when I walk!

Anyhoo, 1.1 miles done in ten minutes and now it's time for a snack.  Hmm, let's see.  I think I burned enough calories to have....one half of a peanut:

Hmm, I'm gonna enjoy this!

I was like you.  I ran a whopping 2 miles (I don't run 2 milers ever) and somebody in the running group offered me beer so I stopped and mingle.

It seems I've taken a rest week.  To the extreme. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner, I do hill repeats at my recovery pace, too. I love them.

Hilary, I'm happy that you're running again.

Kay, isn't it great when you see what you've accomplished?

LRB, you always make me smile.

Screw Chinese food. I'm having a foot-long hotdog, a side of beef fry, and a side of either onion rings or fries. (I told the waiter to surprise me.)

runmomto3boys

Sheepla: Welcome!  Yay for another new face!

JJS: I can see your pic!

SIAR: Nice job on the recovery run today - but holy smokes on the elevation gain!  I'm pooped just reading about it!

Hilary: Ooohhhh, you did get the new kicks?  Yay!  I'm so glad you had an amazing run - you are due for a whole bunch of those after your time off.

Docket: 2 miles + beer?  Nice.  It is the holiday season...you are due!

LRB: 1.1 - woot!  More miles.  Well done!!!  Progress - slowly, but surely.

Recovery run: 8 miles done at 9:25 pace in a snow storm. Upshot: I didn't cry, so YAY for that. The Mix Masters had much better traction than my Asics so I felt more sure footed on the run and I wore my Balega socks, so my shoes/socks drained better (I was literally wading through puddles). Negativity: I think running in snow is seriously mentally and physically the hardest running I've ever done. I was a sopping wet, cold, shivering mess when I got home. I am feeling very nervous about training through this all.

LRB

X, woot for 1.1 miles?  That is frickin hilarious!

I did not register for an early spring marathon for the exact reason that you just stated.  Hopefully things get better for you, I personally had zero interest in any of it. 

Will run for scenery.

Avi's are added under my forum preferences.  And just so you know, damn near everyone here had the same puzzle to solve!

Mkay, got it. If the world don't end, I'll see my kitty made famous tomorrow. His name is Bosco, and he *loves* coffee, dark beer, and toilet paper.

ETA: but don't we all?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!