Beginners and Beyond

Dark & Windy ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah, you might want to steer clear of all of that...unless there's a race.

I swore 3 years ago never again. It's sad that the local race is a huge pain in the ass as a local. I considered it briefly when the work charity tem was looking for runners. But reminded myself of the 1.5 hour commute from hell picking up my packet (should have been a 30 minute trip). And the crowding. And having to allow 2 hours for travel, pay tolls and then pay for light rail. Add to that, not knowing if there could be a baseball game that day which would change the start times or depending on how bitchy the baseball team wanted to be, change the entire event.

Half Crazy K 2.0

My GSD growing up must have been defective. I really do not remember her tilting her head and the pictures I have of her, she is looking straight ahead.

LRB

I swore 3 years ago never again. It's sad that the local race is a huge pain in the ass as a local. I considered it briefly when the work charity tem was looking for runners. But reminded myself of the 1.5 hour commute from hell picking up my packet (should have been a 30 minute trip). And the crowding. And having to allow 2 hours for travel, pay tolls and then pay for light rail. Add to that, not knowing if there could be a baseball game that day which would change the start times or depending on how bitchy the baseball team wanted to be, change the entire event.

Yeah F all of TS.

LRB

My GSD growing up must have been defective. I really do not remember her tilting her head and the pictures I have of her, she is looking straight ahead.

It's usually when you're saying something they haven't heard. They turn their heads because they have no idea WTF it is you're saying. lol

No more marathons

Still Bluesky, beautiful dog.

Thanks - he's a sweetheart.

Bad hips and all.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's usually when they're sitting and you're talking to them or making some weird noise, like singing high pitch.

True, she usually does it with DH because he is always making weird noises with her.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Thanks - he's a sweetheart.

Bad hips and all.

And he is lovely too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ric-G

cool...there's only been about 500 posts today - I like the head tilt stuff with the dogs. anyway did about 5 or so this evening and it feels like fall around here which means there's at least one more heat wave to go...but it should be fine.

and Kershaw?? Comes out of the bullpen to close the game....

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

It's a road trip - about 5 hrs drive. A lot of folks in the NW say it's a pretty fast course. People who are big track & field fans get worked up about the fact that you finish on Hayward Field.

Running in track town usa is always fun.  I think my HM and 5K PRs are from Eugene races.  Plus you'd be 45 minutes away from me.  I'm glad they moved the date back up to May instead of the summer BS they had for the past couple of years.   If you're headed down this way anyway, though, the Newport Marathon seems to be the local favorite, and maybe faster.

Speaking of dark and stormy nights, aren't you glad your marathon wasn't this weekend?  We're supposed to drive to Olympia Saturday but I don't know if we'll make it.

I ran 6.

LRB

cool...there's only been about 500 posts today

lol

A belated good night, Z. 

Running in track town usa is always fun.  I think my HM and 5K PRs are from Eugene races.  Plus you'd be 45 minutes away from me.  I'm glad they moved the date back up to May instead of the summer BS they had for the past couple of years.   If you're headed down this way anyway, though, the Newport Marathon seems to be the local favorite, and maybe faster.

Speaking of dark and stormy nights, aren't you glad your marathon wasn't this weekend?  We're supposed to drive to Olympia Saturday but I don't know if we'll make it.

I ran 6.

Guy I chatted with on the ferry back from Victoria, who has run a billion marathons, highly recommended Newport. Seems weird that it is in June, but I guess never gets too warm at the coast. As you may recall, my MIL lives in Lincoln City.

And OMG yes, the marathon this weekend would be awful.

Dave