Beginners and Beyond

Is it Friday? (Read 39 times)

Dave

Runshortii

^^This explains why I've never heard of it. Glad I wasn't the only one who was like wtf is that lol.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Being in the NE, I started farting to keep warm, but the rest of the family didn't like that so much.  We use natural gas now.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

hog4life

Is it what’s used to heat your home?

Docket_Rocket

All of that is strange to me as well, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yup.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

oldfartrunner

Movie done. I forgot how much I liked that one.

Hey  Baboon! Just ate a yogurt that had Dec 20th on it.  Hope I'm ok in the morning.  

Berto: That is natural gas.

Nice TM onemile.

GC100k

We live in the NE and use fuel oil. The first winter here it was quite a shock to get the bill for refilling that thing. There are natural gas lines less than a mile away, don't know why so many of us still put up with this archaic fuel oil thing.

Half Crazy K 2.0

We live in the NE and use fuel oil. The first winter here it was quite a shock to get the bill for refilling that thing. There are natural gas lines less than a mile away, don't know why so many of us still put up with this archaic fuel oil thing.

We got natural gas run to our house about a year after we moved in. Our nextdoor neighbor at the time told DH that he wanted natural gas and if we didn't get it, no one on our side of the street could get it. Maybe you have people on the end who are ruining it for everyone else.

Coastal

I recognized it .   When I lived in the nearby town the local fuel oil company offered to fill my basement with oil. 

Fortunately, I was home when the guy showed up and started wandering around looking for where to put the oil.  The oil tank had been removed long before I bought the house but they hadn't removed all the outside plumbing.  A simple wrong address could have been very interesting.  Most folks around here heat with electric or wood (pellets or fire wood), although some still use oil.  Electric works OK until the power goes out, which it does.  My dream house would have a heat pump with a wood stove for back up.

Debating about running outside or going to the Y and the TM today.  It's an easy choice, normally, except the gym has the stuff that makes strength training easier.