Beginners and Beyond

Oh no, not another ITBS post. OK, make that piriformis syndrome. (Read 59 times)

No more marathons

I cannot even tell you when the piriformis pain stopped but I can tell you what I have been doing faithfully before each run 5 to 7 times per week since last year and that is exercises # 8 through 12 of this video.

May be pure coincidence, but today, after two days of doing the Myrtl exercises on this video, I had my most limited pain run (notice I didn't say pain free) in over a month - maybe two.

I'm encouraged.  Also, as some had suggested, rather than either ITBS or piriformis syndrome, this could be high hamstring tendinopathy.  I will present all of those possibilities to my ortho when I see him next Wed.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Sounds good.

A massage might also help.  Pilates would too.  My piriformis pain has not come back in the time I've been doing Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

A massage might also help.  Pilates would too.  My piriformis pain has not come back in the time I've been doing Pilates.

Maybe he should just do a million things.  lol

Seriously though, I used to get that searing pain down the back of my thigh for years before I even started running.

B-Plus

What's Tammy's #?