Beginners and Beyond

NRR: Was I being a jerk? (Read 115 times)

Docket_Rocket

I wouldn't have moved either (in this situation).  Not sure why people would feel entitled to be allowed to bother someone else so that they can sit together WHEN THEY ARRIVED LATE.  It's not like you're going to be talking with the ones that came with you during the movie.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

exactly...

exactly exactly...

sure buddy I'll slide a seat but not 4.  *possibly 2* but unlikely.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If you're talking about soda, no, I do my best to avoid drinking soda, I drink water even at theaters.

Would you like the swimming pool size for just 25 cents more?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So why would you have to give up your good seats so they can have good seats?  If you have a big group, on a busy night, and you show up at the last minute, you're not going to be able to sit together.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

We sit on the end too because sooner or later, DH will have to go use the facilities during the showing.  Although I could see us moving if we were asked to.  

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

The other guy was the jerk, not you. It is because of entitled jerks like him that I rarely go to the movies. Talking, texting, loud munching, people climbing over you, etc... I am perfectly happy watching a movie at home on Blu ray on the nice big TV. It was his fault for being late and he probably stopped right in front of the theater and blocked traffic. What an entitled jerk.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

So why would you have to give up your good seats so they can have good seats?  If you have a big group, on a busy night, and you show up at the last minute, you're not going to be able to sit together.

That was my thinking exactly. I always used to sit on the end of a row on the aisle so we didn't have to climb over people to get out of we need to. But the theater we go to now has really nice stadium seating, with enough room between rows so you don't have to climb over anyone. You just stand up and walk. So we sit right in the middle, as nature intended 

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

The other guy was the jerk, not you. It is because of entitled jerks like him that I rarely go to the movies. Talking, texting, loud munching, people climbing over you, etc... I am perfectly happy watching a movie at home on Blu ray on the nice big TV. It was his fault for being late and he probably stopped right in front of the theater and blocked traffic. What an entitled jerk.

Jack don't even get me started on everyone blasting my eyes with their cell phones with the brightness turned to 11.  I'm lucky to have a very nice home theater set up with a 12 foot wide HD screen, theater recliners, surround sound, etc where we watch 95% of our movies. But it's fun to see a cool action movie on a giant IMAX screen in the theater setting. But I agree with you, it's getting harder and harder to justify all the hassles you have to deal with.

LRB

I too have a pretty nice setup at home but enjoy seeing first run movies at the theater the weekend they come out.

As far as dealing with jerks, I work with the public everyday and have been in some form or fashion for the better part of 25 years.  In that time I have learned there is no escaping idiots, you can only hope to limit your exposure to them.

#artbydmcbride

If I was alone at the movie theater and was asked nicely, I would probably move.  But if I am with my family, I am not going to agree to move and make them move as well.  That rude person with his whole group is just going to have to look for other seats. 

Runners run

MothAudio

2. We got there early specifically so we could sit where we wanted.

It's general admission seating. Seats are not reserved. 1st come, 1st serve. You want us to move from our prime spots? You're kidding. Late comers have to take what's left. End of story.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Not being a jerk.

With someone, I wouldn't move.

Alone?  "Sure, got five bucks?".

RSX

My seats of choice though are always the end two seats regardless of the row, so I can come and go as I please.  Save for the examples above, the chances of me giving those up are between zero and nil, and nil just walked out the door.

I have knee tendinitis so just about always sit at the end. I like to stretch it once in a while. I will gladly stand up if need be to let someone by but don't give up that seat. I would if it was an elderly person but never had that happen as they probably tend to get there early.

Dad on the run.

I wouldn't have moved. First come first serve.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.