Beginners and Beyond

Self Magazine Makes Fun of Woman/en Racing in Tutus (Read 139 times)

Brilliant

Wasn't that this year?  It hit mid 80s that day and humid.  Although I agree in part.  Unless you live in South Florida, TX, or Louisiana, you won't need a handheld.

Yes, it was 88 at the finish line.  Some aid stations ran out of water and Gatorade for the slower runners.  It didn't affect me (I was a slower runner but must have been just ahead of the ran-out-of-water time) but it made me think I never want to run a marathon again without my own water.

Edited to add that per the Glam Runner's FB page, the photo was from last year's LA marathon when it was cool.

Docket_Rocket

Yes, it was 88 at the finish line.  Some aid stations ran out of water and Gatorade for the slower runners.  It didn't affect me (I was a slower runner but must have been just ahead of the ran-out-of-water time) but it made me think I never want to run a marathon again without my own water.

Edited to add that per the Glam Runner's FB page, the photo was from last year's LA marathon when it was cool.

I ran it last year.  It was very nice.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Maybe its just a hippy California thing, but a lot of the races I enter urge you to "go green" and run with your own water battle.

Life is good.

#artbydmcbride

I still haven't tried to drink from an aid station during a race.  Sounds scary!  Guess I'll need to figure that out before Portland.

You haven't lived til you've thrown a cup of water up your nose while running! 

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

My husband did that in Puerto Rico and choked for 5 minutes.  That was fun to watch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

The woman runner was featured on CBS this morning. Self has promised to profile her company in a future issue.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wait, I've done that a few times 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good

The woman runner was featured on CBS this morning. Self has promised to profile her company in a future issue.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Or opened your mouth thirsty as hell only to completely miss it and not get a single drop!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Or thought you had a cup of water, but really had a sports drink and tossed it on your head to cool off.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Or tried to drink on the run, only to have the person in front of you come to a DEAD STOP causing a collision with water and sport drink flying everywhere.

Or thought you had a cup of water, but really had a sports drink and tossed it on your head to cool off.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've almost had this before....maybe a few times actually.

Or tried to drink on the run, only to have the person in front of you come to a DEAD STOP causing a collision with water and sport drink flying everywhere.

PRs

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Twice at water stations now.

I've almost had this before....maybe a few times actually.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I wonder if they would dare mock this costume:

I sometimes run in a costume.  Never thought it would make me faster either.

Looks like Jesus is a barefoot heel striker

onemile

Are we not supposed to make fun of people who wear tutus?