Beginners and Beyond

Topless SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

My next race is actually on my birthday.  Not a goal race, though, but still.  First one on my new age group.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

They do say everyone has a doppelgänger!  

Mine is probably the CEO of a fortune 500 company somewhere. Meanwhile, my sorry ass just switched to Geico in an attempt to save 5 stinking bucks a month FFS.

onemile

I ran 6. Didn't feel terrible, considering.

Little Blue

I did a goal HM for my 50th.  And I drove 10 hrs each way to do it.  It was actually the day after my b'day, but it was about 20 minutes from where i grew up.  Had to do the 50th in the old stomping grounds!

LRB

My 220 sold for $143.50, I paid $199.00 for the stupid thing. I suppose I should be happy enough that I didn't take it any worse despite only using it for three weeks.

Having run with the 620 for a couple of weeks now, it has become clear that it wasn't the watch at all, just my failing fitness. Hopefully I can regain what was lost but if not I gave it hell and can live with whatever happens next....

which will be the purchase of some new running shoes as soon as that money clears my PayPal account.

cjones1

There is a New Years Eve run here that is really popular (two actually). I did one of them once.

That's my birthday, but my happy rear end would be sleeping in.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

That's my birthday, but my happy rear end would be sleeping in.

The bigger one is at 4:30 PM, and serves beer afterwards. It's pretty cool, and some years pretty cold. lol

Hip Redux

You guys made me look - my birthday next year actually falls on a saturday.  And new age group!   But I am not going to search or sign up for any races because I do not want to start the 40s off with a DNS.  

bluerun

Super B****

The next time my birthday is on Sunday is, I believe, in 2020.  Tongue

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

The next time my birthday is on Sunday is, I believe, in 2020.  Tongue

2018 (Saturday) for me. And no.

bluerun

Super B****

2018 (Saturday) for me. And no.

Mine was Saturday last year.  There's a HM I want to do, and it's that weekend.  Always on Saturday.  

Just try it FFS Tongue

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Couldn't help myself, took the dogs out on the trails for a run. We ran 4 miles, didn't really feel pain but what I did notice was that what ache or pain I did feel was directly underneath my worst poison ivy, which I think is actually sumac or oak, and the soreness actually started around the same time that this crap came on.... 

I can't even do bicycle crunches because the pain right where my thigh meets my pelvis with each "pedal".

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

My birthday was on a Saturday this year, and I did run a little tiny local 5k with DS, but I had only been back to "running" for three weeks, so it was just a nice spring morning run with a couple dozen "friends." Followed by a big breakfast. Smile

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You guys made me look - my birthday next year actually falls on a saturday.  And new age group!   But I am not going to search or sign up for any races because I do not want to start the 40s off with a DNS.  

I had to check my race log, too. I could find only 2 years when I ran a race on my birthday. The first was on my 35th and was my one and only college xc 5M race when I went back to school again. I finished 75th of 150 runners in 29:01. Most of the runners were barely more than half my age, mostly 18 and 19 year olds. The other was a hilly 10K on my 52nd birthday when I ran 42:48 to finish 18th of 80+ runners and won my AG. If I can find a Saturday race this year I could race on my BD, otherwise I have to wait until 2020 for another Saturday race or 2021 for a Sunday race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.