Beginners and Beyond

New fav marathon: Hoover Dam (RR w/pics) (Read 301 times)

Will run for scenery.

Nice report and great photos.  Even the official pics are nice : smiles and a floater and you're with a friend.

Great job on "just" running a marathon.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Wow, I'd have never guessed it would be that cool.  Tunnel, trail........do you actually get to run acrossed the dam too?  (I know the dams down the line have gotten ridiculously tight with security since 9/11)

Great job and great RR!

Randy

Love the Half

I'm going to venture a guess that the reason you are running much faster these days is because you are putting in more miles and you are  doing some speed work.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Love the Half

Wow, I'd have never guessed it would be that cool.  Tunnel, trail........do you actually get to run acrossed the dam too?  (I know the dams down the line have gotten ridiculously tight with security since 9/11)

Great job and great RR!

Which is like the dumbest waste of security dollars ever if what they're worried about is someone blowing up the dam.  The idea that someone would have the ability to blow up a dam is beyond ridiculous.  And if they do have that capability, a few armed security guards aren't going to stop them.  Then again, I suppose a decent size bomb could cause major problems with power generation facilities.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

runmomto3boys

What a fantastic RR - I want to run the Hoover Dam marathon now!  SOLD!  Seriously, though, it sounds like so much fun running with Karla, chatting, the miles flying by...I love that you took all sorts of pics on the back half of the race and just all around enjoyed yourself/what you were doing!  OMG - I wish you and Asa could've run together, but oh well...darn it!  Anyway, what a great report.  Thanks, Katrina, and you are as cute as ever!

Rubybaby43

enabler

LOL.  I typed this in Word, pasted it here, and hadn't noticed.  That's hilarious!  I just looked up his time and it was 1:03:36. Smile

The Tight lipped face looks like he's about to blow chunks....so as long as he didn't have THAT issue... Wink

KLO

more miles = more beer

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

sounds like a fun race that you got to experience! glad you decided to share!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

fimmx

Very nicely done Red! Your RRs always make me smile. Thanks! Smile

Just B.S.

Congrats!!!!! Great run!

That one would totally appeal to hubby and me but travelling so far one week before Christmas

wouldn't work for me....darn cause it looks awesome!

I have done a few large races for the experience but far prefer the smaller more intimate and

scenic races. Our local marathon has less than 50 runners each year, so when I say small

I mean small!LOL

Anomalous

Absolutely loved the photos! Thank you for sharing and Congratulations!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Great RR , these pics are awesome.

Karen M

That looks like a great race!

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT