Beginners and Beyond

Doral 5K RR (Read 78 times)

hog4life

Congrats Damaris!

Docket_Rocket

Hehe.

I'm moving to Miami tomorrow if guys are required to run shirtless. F*** the PRs. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MrNamtor

After running an ultra a week ago, I would stamp, once again as if it really needs to be stamped, the title of "bad ass" upon you for even running this race, let alone getting a pretty good time. I myself would still be jogging 2 miles a day (hopefully if i were not in traction or something). Congrats x 1000!!!!

MrNamtor

I'm moving to Miami tomorrow if guys are required to run shirtless. F*** the PRs. Big grin

You definitely do not want it to be required for all men. You want it to be self selected (or maybe not even that, judging by a lot of guys i see running shirtless) With what I've seen out there, wind and the bouncing motion of running does some pretty unsightly things with flapping skin.

happylily

You definitely do not want it to be required for all men. You want it to be self selected (or maybe not even that, judging by a lot of guys i see running shirtless) With what I've seen out there, wind and the bouncing motion of running does some pretty unsightly things with flapping skin.

No worry. Apparently I'm easy.  (based on some of my ex-boyfriends) Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

SheCan

Awesome job, Damaris!   I love seeing how you're getting better and better.  That you ran this a week after your first ultra speaks volumes about what amazing shape you're in.  Great pictures too!

(redrum were you just looking for a reason to post hot babe bikini pics?  :-P  Wink

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

MrNamtor

No worry. Apparently I'm easy.  (based on some of my ex-boyfriends) Big grin

Low standards are a quality I would historically look for in a potential girlfriend.

Rondog65

Damaris, great job you really rock it!!!!!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Hip Redux

Bad ass!  Nice work, D!

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

After running an ultra a week ago, I would stamp, once again as if it really needs to be stamped, the title of "bad ass" upon you for even running this race, let alone getting a pretty good time. I myself would still be jogging 2 miles a day (hopefully if i were not in traction or something). Congrats x 1000!!!!

Thanks, guys.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Great job!  I'm so glad you're feeling well in races without the Albuterol.  Congratulations!

Mmmmm...beer

That's a kickass job only a week after running an ultra!!  Outstanding! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

I echo the comment that you are in amazing shape being able to bounce back so quickly from your races!  It seems like you are getting ahead of the asthma, too, even at the 5K distance.  Congratulations to you!

Great race and as always, great report.

Goorun

You are one woman racing machine Damaris.  How big is your running outfits closet Smile ?

Great pics, RR, a very good 5k result and from ultras training on the top of all that. NICE.

Slow and steady never wins anything.