Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #265 (Read 28 times)

KCRuns

My first flight I was a baby, heading from the Philippines to the states. Second flight was a return to the Philippines and we crashed on landing.

surely there’s a rule against saying something like that and then nothing else?

GinnyinPA

In a thunderstorm, a Pan Am flight to Manila had trouble landing. One person died who didn't have his seat belt fastened. He landed on top of my sister, who was 4 at the time. She had nightmares about that for years. I was somehow strapped to the wall of the plane since I was just a baby. I was supposed to be in my mother's lap. The purse my mother held flew across the plane, so the family story was that that was the first time I cheated death.

Docket_Rocket

In a thunderstorm, a Pan Am flight to Manila had trouble landing. One person died who didn't have his seat belt fastened. He landed on top of my sister, who was 4 at the time. She had nightmares about that for years. I was somehow strapped to the wall of the plane since I was just a baby. I was supposed to be in my mother's lap. The purse my mother held flew across the plane, so the family story was that that was the first time I cheated death.

Holy shit. Glad you all made it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

And this suggests there are some other stories you are holding back on us.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Oops, wrong day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Oops, wrong day.

No we have to keep bumping the thread until Ginny shares all her near-death experiences.

Dave

LRB

KCRuns

Holy smokes!

RunningOnSand

Holy shit. Glad you all made it.

Srsly. Wow, how terrifying for you all. 😥