Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins At the Track (Read 20 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Bacon and welcome back. You are correct; I am in week 3 of training for The Ave. Smile

Docket_Rocket

We were on Maui in Sept 2013 during the Maui Marathon.  I didn't run it - we scheduled our trip at the same time quite by accident!  It was pretty warm that day, and a hilly course!  (of course you will do fine in the heat/humidity with your South Florida training).

There's another event in Maui in January; the weather is probably better but I'm not familiar with the course.

Haha.  Oh, to me, Hawaii is not that humid (or warm) but my elevation for my runs is ZERO.  Was there a HM with the marathon?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Welcome back Bacon!

lol Obie at the kid's comment. Funny.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

I forgot to say, WELCOME BACK B!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Haha.  Oh, to me, Hawaii is not that humid (or warm) but my elevation for my runs is ZERO.  Was there a HM with the marathon?

Yes, there's a half!  But I think it includes the hills. Big grin

on my way to badass

Welcome back Bacon! Still streaking here.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Amazonian Princess

Thanks for the warm welcome back! I just had a 30 minute chair massage and do not feel like returning to work

Docket - FWIW, Kona and Hilo (Big Island) both have nice HM's; the Kona route used to be along Ali'i (the same finishing road as Iron Man) but they just relocated it to a resort! Hmm, outrageous prices and running circles around a resort - do people do that?

Brillant - have you done Haleakala at sunrise? Colors that I couldn't describe nor could a camera capture. They say it adds years to your life so I'm thinking that's your secret to looking young, maybe? 

Jack - The Ave looks awesome, is DW running it, too?

Traci - in your honor I suggest we rename this month "Shin-uary" and do a couple of stretches to show support

I can. I will. I am. 

Brilliant

Baconista, no, we've done haleakala during the day on a previous trip.  Never sunrise. The road to the summit was closed on this trip because of a big storm that came in our first night.

StoneFence, nice streaking!

Amazonian Princess

Hey, SF, how long has the streak been?

I can. I will. I am. 

From the Internet.

Lauren - not in a stalker-y weird way, but I think of you when I'm at the gym lifting heavy things and putting them down  The other night I was deadlifting 170 pounds and thought "hmm, I hope my belly-button doesn't pop out"

LOL I love it! Your belly button won't pop out, I'm still convinced it was lifting combined with twisting in a weird way while moving that did me in.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bacon: yes, she is running. We are both taking a few days off work and will make a long weekend out of it.

Zelanie

Hi Bacon!  Glad your back is feeling better, and don't worry, the resolutioners have maybe 2 weeks left, and then they will go home and keep paying for your gym.  I will think of you rowing now since I am listening to the Boys on the Boat on the way to work these days.

DD is doing robotics, and they're in the middle of build season at the moment.  I'll let you know when they have an event coming up.  I guess things got a bit too rough and tumble last year, so this year's challenge doesn't have so much robot-to-robot contact.   It's more about stacking boxes or boring stuff.  I'm sure the kids will find a way to make it interesting.

Scotty, it's not about the dogs pulling me, it's more like me pulling them!  I run most of my miles with them at the off-leash park, so they are off galavanting.  But the second that the leash goes on, suddenly Mia has very important bushes to smell and cats to find, and I have to just about drag her along.  Last night, the last two were on leash and she was acting all slow and miserable, then I took the leash off again when we were two blocks from home, and she sprinted full speed into a puddle. 

Tonight I had time for almost 7 at the track.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty - I know nothing of football; in your opinion, what three things do I need to know about football?  Here you go, Baconista:

1.  The Dallas Cowboys suck...oh, they play well often and win quite a lot, but they still suck... NEVER root for them. 

2.  Snacks and beer always go great with football, always have them ready for the game.

3.  And you probably should know a little about the scoring:  Touchdown = 6 points.  Point After Touchdown = 1 point; or the team can try for a 2-point conversion after touchdown;  Field Goal = 3 points.   Safety = 2 points.

Oh yeah, and Ohio only has ONE NFL team...the Cincinnati Bengals.   The Cleveland Browns really should be in the Canadian Football League.. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Amazonian Princess

Jack - nice plan! But leave any earthquakes in SoCal this time, wouldja? 

Zel - I was nice to the resolutioners; while on the TM I'm visualizing them as dollar signs in new exercise clothes (seriously, the locker room floor is littered with tags these days!)

Scotty - got it: no to Cowboys, yes to snacks and beer, and what the what is a conversion or safety?

'Nite Pengs!

I can. I will. I am.