Beginners and Beyond

We're All Here Cuz He's Not All There SaturDAILIES (Read 69 times)

StepbyStep-SH

emo-yes WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! emo-yes

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RWOL). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

The song in reference may be about bull riders, but I think it could apply almost as equally to runners who get up at 3:45 a.m. to drive 20 minutes to meet friends and run for two hours in near-freezing rain. Right now, it's 34* and nothing falling here ("A mix of wintry precipitation is falling nearby," says weather.com). But this is the forecast:

Next 6 hours
      Snow, sleet or freezing rain mixing with and changing to rain around 7am. Rain will come to an end around mid-morning. Cloudy with temperatures steady near the mid 30s. Winds SSE at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 75%.

Not sure why I'm doing this, other than the fact that somehow the three of us who are running this morning all happened to be in the same store at the same time yesterday, and no one wanted to be the one to back down.

Have a great day, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

Morning Shari!  That's what bravado will do for you!LOL Enjoy the camerarderie!

I am in the same position today. It's March break here and they cancel 7:15am swim clinic during

that time period to give the coach time off.

However all of our friends said "we are still going even if there is no coach" so of course we are

up at 6am on Saturday as well, headed to the pool,  when we could have slept  in.Roll eyes

Have a good one folks!

Ball of Fury

Morning all!!  We are up and getting ready to head to the 10K!  Our kids get up at the crack of dawn anyway so no one ever sleeps in around here!

Shari:  I would say have a nice run, but um...how about good luck and hope it's not awful?

Beth:  Enjoy the swim!

Everyone else:  Get your butts outta bed!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Shari, Beth, & Ami!  Morning, Dailies!

Off to the races for me this morning. I'll be heading out shortly to run the Gate River Run 15K, my first race of 2013! Let's hope it's the start of a good running year!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oops!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Supp peeps!

Good luck at your events Ami, Tom and those to follow!

I have some tempo thing that I will be doing a little bit later this morning.  Right now though, I am just chillin' in the dark enjoying the quiet morning.

Coffee will be brewing shortly....

flarunner

I did 12 this morning in beautiful weather. It was a good run.

Have a good day and weekend everyone.

BruceD555

Good morning Dailies!

StepbyStep-SH- Close to the same forecast for me as well ... enjoy your time running with friends and try to think warm, dry thoughts. We really are a unique group of folks.

Princess B.S.- Enjoy your "free" time in the pool this morning.

AmiK & RunTomRun- Have great races today!!

LRB- Chilling is good ... quiet is better ... coffee is best. Enjoy that tempo run later on today.

flarunner- 12 done already? Wow, you were the early bird this morning weren't you? Nice job.

We're supposed to have that same wintry mix of rain/sleet/snow today AND tomorrow. I'm getting ready to take DW to work this morning and only have 5 recovery miles planned for today...that's no problem to get done outside. However, I have 22 planned for tomorrow and that one is going to be a wet & cold run. For now, I'm just drinking coffee waiting for the weather forecast to change.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Spring is here! For today at least! Mid 50's here in central Illinois.

heading to the gym in a bit then 5 miles this afternoon. Then cleaning the garage.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

flarunner- 12 done already? Wow, you were the early bird this morning weren't you? Nice job.

For now, I'm just drinking coffee waiting for the weather forecast to change.

Flo don't play!

I am watching weatherscan almost without blinking, ha-ha!  I want to ditch my pants and jacket so ba, but I don't think it will warm up enough when I start at 9:00, that hasn't stopped me from wishing though!

It is 26 now with no wind, and today's high of 44 is not expected until around noon, but if I can get to 36 them pants are coming off!

Spark, those same temps are heading my way although with clouds and rain.  Still, I would love to run in 50 degrees again!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning guys!

I have a 5k at 11am so I'm just hanging out til about 9:30 or so. The sun is shining and it's supposed to be 46* by gun time. Gawgeous!

Morning all!

Sounds like a lot of racing going on today!

Step, you're doing it the same reason the rest of us do. Committment! (or stupidity)

BS, enjoy the early swim, who needs sleep anyway!

Ami, good luck, have a great race!

Tom, good luck, have a great race!

LRB, have a good tempo, enjoy the beautiful weather around these parts!

Fla, as always, way to get in the big miles before most people even get up.

Bruce, enjoy the recovery miles, and good luck on that forecast changing! I think you'll need to put something more hallucinogenic in your coffee to make that happen. How does 22 on the treadmill sound? (Yes I know: not very good.)

Sparker, have a good 5. I didn't realize you were in central Illinois, I went to school at U of I in Champaign.

April, good luck & have a great race!

I guess my body is still trying to catch up & recover from being sick -- I slept it till 8:00 today!! Forgot what that felt like! So I particularly enjoyed reading about all the early morning people. Smile No run in the works for today, plan on yoga instead to stretch & strengthen everything.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

off to a pub crawl for my best friend's birthday! no running today.

have a great day everyone!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I slept in and although I'm not feeling completely fine, I'll attempt a run tonight.  Off to the FUR-BQ (Florida Ultra Runners BBQ).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page