Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 33 times)

LRB

It's raining today, so not gonna run! 

RIGHT?? The one guy was having marital problems and gained a whole bunch of weight which is all the more reason to run, not, not run. Like, hey honey I know you hate me right now so Imma go for a 22 mile run. See ya tomorrow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I bought a compression sleeve for quads today, I wore it pretty much all day just to see.... I think I like it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

We're what? 12 days out now? One more big workout on Thursday or Friday and then coast until M-Day?

I have 8 w/4 continuous tempo on Friday, 12 w/6 MP on Sunday, then 5x800 on Wednesday race week. Not quite coasting, but still a whole lot easier than it’s been.

Dave

Cyberic

RIGHT?? The one guy was having marital problems and gained a whole bunch of weight which is all the more reason to run, not, not run. Like, hey honey I know you hate me right now so Imma go for a 22 mile run. See ya tomorrow!

I just find it funny. But the game is like the real life people I know who run. Not everybody is really dedicated to it.

It's all good though, because if we were winning, then I'd feel bad taking my vacation. The way things are, I won't feel an ounce of remorse 

Cyberic

I have 8 w/4 continuous tempo on Friday, 12 w/6 MP on Sunday, then 5x800 on Wednesday race week. Not quite coasting, but still a whole lot easier than it’s been.

The 5x800, normal pace and recovery? I'd do normal pace, but I'd lenghten the recoveries.

Docket_Rocket

LM, I started with cocktails three hours ago when I met fellow coworkers from ATL and Orlando for dinner.  Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

The 5x800, normal pace and recovery? I'd do normal pace, but I'd lenghten the recoveries.

Same pace and recovery as earlier in the cycle, but then I’d do 8 of them. Cruise intervals, so pace between 5k & 10k, with 200m recoveries. Also 3x200 at the end.

BTW, Baboon: I did receive the Important Mailer from Boston. It’s basically everything that’s on the website about the race and the weekend, but in booklet form. Which is actually kind of nice.

Dave

sdWhiskers

6 miles with 3 x 800 at 10k then 3 x 200.