Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES and The Chocolate Cake Diet (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

My legs hurt. Not injury hurt, but hard workout hurt. Today's workout was nothing special, but for some reason I feel it a lot.

onemile

I ran 8. I am really turning into a cold weather wimp. My fingers are still white and I'm shivering.

LRB

I ran 8. I am really turning into a cold weather wimp. My fingers are still white and I'm shivering.

A wimp would not run in it, like me, when it drops below 10.

onemile

A wimp would not run in it, like me, when it drops below 10.

It was 15 tonight. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hmm...

so tonights workout... not so tough.

6x800 @ 2:50 per.  Though tomorrow might be more tough since these started at 2:41 and got quicker until the final at 2:28.  Yeah probably not a smart move.

Alas.

LRB

It was 15 tonight. 

That's fucking cold yo. There are days when I will do it but it's not easy. But there are other days when I will hop on the belt īnstead!

Cyberic

Hmm...

so tonights workout... not so tough.

6x800 @ 2:50 per.  Though tomorrow might be more tough since these started at 2:41 and got quicker until the final at 2:28.  Yeah probably not a smart move.

Alas.

Hard for me to say if it's hard or not for you. 6x800 sounds like a "normal" workout, but a very fast pace can make it into a killer. For me, that is.

LRB

Hard for me to say if it's hard or not for you. 6x800 sounds like a "normal" workout, but a very fast pace can make it into a killer. For me, that is.

They were basically mile pace 800s, 72 hours removed from a 10k PR.

Um, no.

Docket_Rocket

BOOM. Mine will hit the belt this evening. 

1600 calories a day? Only if a day is 6 hours long.

I knew you would appreciate it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Only had time for 4 after Pilates.  Hubby is extending my prednisone for two more days but I feel better.  Marathon so far is good to go.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Now that everyone here is sleeping...

The one pair of Virratas I got showed up at the same time my heel problem did, so I gave them away just in case.  I ran my first marathon in Kinvaras, but I think I like the Breakthru better at my pace.

Today I had my first Hanson's speed workout.  It was supposed to by 12 x 400, but I lost count and accidentally ran 13 x 400.  Nice and easy.  Since I'm training with a really slow reasonable goal in mind, I had to work a bit to keep it slow.  But I'm hoping that will lead to me NOT running myself into the ground this training cycle.  And I might appreciate that when I have to hold this pace for the mile repeats down the road.