Beginners and Beyond

Where are the Wednesday Penguins? (Read 10 times)

GinnyinPA

Damaris - I forgot to ask before, did you fire your coach?

Zelanie

D- I really like the streak.  It's been much easier than I thought- there's not really a lot of difference between a RD and a 1 mile day, and there have been a lot of days that I might otherwise have skipped my run entirely because I thought I was too tired, or whatever.  I'd tell myself to just go run my 1, and I'd end up with 10 great miles somehow.

Last week I was seriously wiped, and almost just went to bed without running.  I couldn't bear the thought of running outside or on the TM.  So I ran in circles around my house using the accelerometer on my watch).  It was the silliest thing ever, but what happened was that my dogs got really into it and thought we were playing chase.  They had a great time and wanted to keep going after my mile was done.

Zelanie

Bacon- Totally missed the Fresno comment.  We didn't see much of it since we were only there a couple of days.  But we did notice that when we asked anybody what there was to do for fun in Fresno, they really had no idea.  Everybody said "go to the mall."  Also, we were staying downtown and on our last night there, this guy walked by with a double-headed axe.  Apparently things get a bit rough downtown at night. 

We had fun, though.  We took our first uber and tried to go to the underground gardens, but they were closed due to flooding.  Our uber driver also had no idea where to go for fun, but he agreed to take us to the Tower district, which turned out to be not so exciting on a Wednesday afternoon.  But we found a nice tea shop and sat and people-watched for a bit.