Beginners and Beyond

Too early for that FriDAILIES (Read 42 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I need to start scheduling time for a nap in the afternoons..... there are times in the afternoon where I can barely keep my eyes open.

Hi Cyberic 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

4 at 7:26 pace.  Slowly but surely the speed is coming back.

Nice feeling, isn't it?

Hi girls!

Half Crazy K 2.0

3. Had to get something in before the bottom drops out temperature wise.

Cyberic, welcome back.

LRB, it must have been the morning for asshole drivers. And idiot city planners. There has been a water leak between the sidewalk and curb on my way to work for at least 2 weeks. I would like to know whose idea it was to start fixing it during rush hour!  Since one lane was closed in the direction I was going, there were the drivers who have to drive up as far as possible & cut people off and the ones who refuse to let anyone in.

Cyberic

I really don't need a Forerunner 920XT, but damn there's a good deal right now.

Saw an ok deal on a 630, too. The 630 is a better match for me, but the deal isn't as good. Canadian $, I won't bother posting the prices Smile

delicate flower

Wife caved and bought one.  She agreed that it was too good a deal to pass up.  Garmin must be getting ready to release a new device.  That 920 is being blown out everywhere.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Hi, Cy!

Ran 7 outside.  I am finally starting to feel better, but the meds really fucked up my endurance.  At least this was the first run where I felt I could've run forever and not trying to quit every mile.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Anybody able to get the link to the runner who was killed in Philadelphia?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Saw an ok deal on a 630, too. The 630 is a better match for me, but the deal isn't as good. Canadian $, I won't bother posting the prices Smile

The 920 is too big for me

onemile

Bruno was a freaking disaster at our nosework class tonight. Class was held inside the pet store and he was stealing cookies, grabbing toys, knocking bags off shelves and he even knocked a glass bottle off a shelf and shattered it   They wouldn't let me pay for it and instead gave Bruno treats and said he was so cute and happy.   So I ended up buying a bunch of stuff out of guilt

Docket_Rocket

I have not heard about a runner killed in Philadelphia.

LRB, love the main page, haha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Anybody able to get the link to the runner who was killed in Philadelphia?

Long time runner John Schultz struck by auto

John was 84 and known throughout the Philadelphia-Wilmington area, typically ran his races in red shorts and bare chested.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB, love the main page, haha.

Ha, totes. I have not done any yoga in a couple years, I can't even imagine.

Dave