Beginners and Beyond

Wonky Wednesday Penguins (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

I semi-spontaneously took yesterday off work, which was awesome, but of course now that I'm back I'm finding everything has gone a little wonky.  One of my files seems to be corrupted, my column appears to be permanently clogged, I have customers breathing down my neck, chorus and quartet stuff that has to be done ... you get the picture.  Of course, this is all why I took the day off yesterday -- I needed to breathe a little!!

Dusty is feeling better, after a couple of days of chicken and rice.  His tummy is still pretty gurgly, but we all went for a run this morning, and he's seeming a bit perkier than he was.  And Zel, this is DEFINITELY not his first escapade.  Just his latest. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

6 this morning maybe more later.

Hope things straighten out for you.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After work yesterday, 4 miles done on the San Antonio Riverwalk and around part of downtown San Antonio.  Mother Nature apparently cannot make up her mind about Texas weather...nearly 81 degrees when I was running, and sunny.  Then this weekend we are dropping into the 50s.  Go figure.

An easy 3 or so planned for after work today.  it will still be in the 80s....

Hope Dusty feels 100% really soon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 5 with hubby last night and I felt better (slow, but better).  Ran 3 this morning and felt more like myself, although half asleep.  Pilates and 4 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sheesh, Hope.  Hope everything starts working find soon.

PAD, nice 6.  Enjoy the second run if you end up doing that.

Scotty, nice 4 and good luck on the 3.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Glad he is on the mend, HsM.

Scotty, I would take a day in the 80s right about now!

Nice miles PAD!

D, glad you're feeling better.

I ran my last strength workout last night. Legs were a bit dead but I was under pace for all. Tonight I have 5 with the dogs.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - it will take a few days for Dusty's digestion to settle down. Poor pup.  They never do learn that some foods should be left alone.

I hope work got straightened out too.

PAD - good work on the six. Did you do the double?

D - I'm glad your back is better.

Scotty - our weekend cool-down may include snow, so I'm enjoying the warm weather while we have it. Good work on your runs this week. Were you stiff from your 3 weekend races?

Z - good work on the strength workout. How soon is your race? Is it cold in Oregon right now?

AFM:  I did 8 easy miles. It was windy, so breathing was hard, especially with my sore side, but it went a bit faster than most of my runs lately.

Zelanie

Ginny, is your side starting to feel better at least? It's funny that you asked about the weather, because last night was the first time I went out in tights, a jacket, and gloves. I had almost forgotten how to dress myself for cold. It wasn't terrible, but 45 and rainy when you're used to 60.

My race is the first Sunday in December.

GinnyinPA

It was doing a lot better. I could lie on my left side with only a little ache and I  only had occasional sharp pains. Then today I was trying to breathe as I ran into the wind (big breaths) and I felt like I was getting stabbed. I'm still having some pain, but then I'm still having a hard time breathing. I suspect I cracked a rib when I fell.