Beginners and Beyond

Toilet Weather for Penguin Wednesday (Read 26 times)

Docket_Rocket

5.2 done mostly trails. 38° and sunny calm winds so it was nice. Back at 70° Sunday but bad storms. Crazy weather.

I got overwhelmed reading low HR stuff and canceled my order for my book and heart monitor and ordered more shoes.  I got some Skecher go run Ultras

What happened?  His book is the easiest thing to follow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I have those shoes.  They feel like Hoka wannabes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

HopesMom - that cheesecake sounds wonderful.  The Christmas music words will come back quickly.  They're deeply engrained in your subconscious, from years and years of singing them.

It's not the words, it's the notes!!  I sing barbershop tenor, which is the high harmony above the melody.  So although I know the words, the notes are either completely new this year or were completely new last year.  On the plus side, I can harmonize to Christmas music playing in the mall or on the radio!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

So, Jerry, DW, did not admit defeat yesterday, and went for an outside run in the weather?

Same thing here, Damaris, people in coats, sweaters, scarves, hats, etc, everytime it gets below 60 degrees.

On the TM?  What's up with that, PAD?

Can you make some cookies, HsM, I don't like cheesecake..    Yeah, it should be a good run with pleasant weather if I can get out there.  I forgot Gail has her car at the garage today for its 100,000 mile checkup, so I had to take her to work this morning and have to get her after work to take her to get the car back.  I jokingly told her maybe she should take a cab because run trumps mechanic work,  but she apparently did not find that humorous. 

Don't get antsy about the race, Jack....relax, kick back, have fun with it.

4 miles in the bank!  Wow, sapf, just what kind of bank do you have where you live that they will let you run in it...and that there is also a blustery wind inside it!

Yay for new shoes, Traci!   Wait...Sketchers makes running shoes now?   What a crazy world we live in.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What happened?  His book is the easiest thing to follow!

Maybe she just didn't have the heart for it...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tracilynn

I have those shoes.  They feel like Hoka wannabes.

That's why I want them! And they're cheap!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

That's why I want them! And they're cheap!

I did not mean the word wannabe as a compliment!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

I know 

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

No Scott, she also conceded to winter and ran with me on the track.   We are both running wimps (is that Rumps?) And, we made it 2 days in a row and ran on a different track today,  3 miles @ 123 AHR.  It was warmer, but very windy and snowing.