Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins, on their last lung! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, my four-day weekend wasn't nearly as much fun as I'd hoped, because I'm still sick and now DH has it.  I'd hoped for bike riding, a hike, and general fun.  Instead we had a moviefest, which wasn't necessarily bad, just ... um ... unexciting.  I guess eventually I'll find my way back to health, but at this point I'm not holding out hope of arrival on a specific date.  My chorus is singing for the memorial service of one of our former members on Saturday, so I'm just hoping I can sing by then.  Plus I have quartet coaching that day, it would be really helpful if I could, you know, produce sound. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, boy.  Hope you feel better!

I'm back at work, half asleep and had to drive to Broward to fix our security alarm there.  I am back home working from home the last hour or so and then I have to do 10.  Not tired anymore after all that driving!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - I hope you get better soon. A nice quiet weekend was probably best, though not as much fun as you'd hoped.

D - what was wrong with the alarm?  I hope your run went well.

It was cooler today (78) with off and on showers and high humidity (DP 70). We got wet while walking Ben, and it started to sprinkle when I left the house, but that didn't last. I still got soaked, but it wasn't from rain. Still, I had a good run to town, especially when I was running into the light wind. It started to pour when we got home after running some errands, so I was saved from having to mow.

Docket_Rocket

It was on even though no one was there which makes the federal protective services (the swat team like guys) go there. And I proceeded to activate it on my own and had to explain to five of them it was an oops.  Fun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

HsM,  I hope you're feeling better soon! My husband still has a bit of a cough after more than a month. 

D- They got you repairing alarms now too?  The alarm at the vet's office was going off every 15 seconds or so this morning. They were working on the roof or something. So one of the counter staff had to pretty much stand by the alarm to keep turning it back off.

Ginny, sounds like a nice enough run for summer weather. I.love how you make them into little excursions instead of just looping your house or something.

Zoe is having her knee surgery on Monday.

Docket_Rocket

This one is silent though, a panic button. Well, silent for us. Apparently not to them. 😂

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

This one is silent though, a panic button. Well, silent for us. Apparently not to them. 😂

A little better, then.