Beginners and Beyond

Sadurdailies (Read 37 times)

LRB

I'm at my 8th year rejection.

I am currently looking at other options..

onemile

I am currently looking at other options..

Marathon tours is probably the way to go. It's extra $$ though

LRB

Right, I hate that, but I don't know how else to plan for the stupid thing. Apparently the lottery for non-UK residents ain't happening under any circumstances. My thought was to book through and fly out of Canada, thereby lessening the impact of the excess fees with the exchange.

Cyberic

you probably did and didn't notice because your log's in km 

I would notice that. It's one of those things, you know...

onemile

I need to stop buying stuff. these post-christmas deals are getting me

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thunder in Miami meant certain death but I have never heard that IN has a high incidence of lightning strike deaths so...

I'm still alive so.... 🤷‍♀️😁

Each year I've probably been caught out in lightning..... 10-15 times/runs.

RoS, thank you 🥺

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

so I added the data field but when I go to my app it shows nothing. 🤪

RunningOnSand

Also when I open the Stryd app, it still shows a thing of set up new watch. But every time I set it up, it still doesn’t save or something. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I have to Google.

onemile

so I added the data field but when I go to my app it shows nothing. 🤪

Now that you added the data field you need to go for a run 

LRB

Also when I open the Stryd app, it still shows a thing of set up new watch. But every time I set it up, it still doesn’t save or something. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I have to Google.

I'm on my phone and don't have the link but there's a search box on the Stryd support site, type in something to the effect of first run with Stryd or setting up Stryd. There are step by step instructions that are idiot proof. It's really simple but you have to read first then run, unlike a new watch where you run first then read.

Docket_Rocket

I am in the Seven Continent Club and was supposed to get first dibs at the marathon tours but then I saw the price and I was like nope, I don't want it that badly. It was if I remember, somewhere close to $5K and I had not even added my husband (and that didn't include the flight).

I might as well just run the RnR Liverpool and be done with it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I'm still alive so.... 🤷‍♀️😁

Each year I've probably been caught out in lightning..... 10-15 times/runs.

RoS, thank you 🥺

That's what I'm saying. The lightning here is not apparently as deadly. We've gotten caught in some there and have to stop. It has hit the front of my house there twice in our 15 years.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Cy posted the link on the links thread and that has a step by step on install and everything.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's what I'm saying. The lightning here is not apparently as deadly. We've gotten caught in some there and have to stop. It has hit the front of my house there twice in our 15 years.

Don't get me wrong, since my son's birth, I've rushed home as quickly as possible when lightning is constant and close. It was one thing to run during a lightning storm before my son was born and I had no care in the world, but I try not to take those risks now 😁

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)