Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Business as Usual (Read 35 times)

No more marathons

I'm torn between finding a 10K or 5K to hop into, or continue with my training.

Right now I'm hitting all of the paces the Coach is lining up for me, but no way to tell if that just means I train well.

I do have a HM coming up in about 4 weeks, but that is mostly going to be a training run - although I do expect to get a PhatOldMan PR in the race.  I ran this race last year in 1:46 and change - but died in the final 3 miles.  I have a little more miles this year (811 in the last 6 months vs. 772 last year) but the number of runs 10 miles or more is up from 3 last year (yep - three in 6 months) to 14 this year.  That should make a difference.  I'm hoping that a sub 1:45 is achievable without impacting my training.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

I hate 5Ks, so my law school has a 5K this Saturday and I just registered. FML!

7 miles on the TM.  It was 91F at 6pm again, so FTS.  Looks like after Thursday it should get to the 80s, yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

3.4. Got some new Wave Rider 20s today. Promptly christened them by running across the playing field  swamp at the elementary school.

That. Sucks.

LRB

I'm torn between finding a 10K or 5K to hop into, or continue with my training.

I think a 10k is a wonderful way to go into a half, but there is something to be said for following the plan. I also think racing when you are ascending is fun since there is no pressure. So I guess I don't know what the answer is. lol

I have wanted to try this. 

+1. It can be hard to find mile races that aren't kids and dogs fun runs. Curious if I could go sub-6. But I suppose first I should probably train properly for a 5k.

My day: redeye flight out east last night - took off at 10:45 PM, landed at 6:45 AM. Slept about 3 hours. Changed clothes, shaved, & brushed my teeth in an airport bathroom. Customer meeting from 10-3. Back to the airport for another short flight, got to my hotel around 6:30 PM. At which point I was so exhausted that I went out and ran 13 miles.

Dave

Zelanie

My day: redeye flight out east last night - took off at 10:45 PM, landed at 6:45 AM. Slept about 3 hours. Changed clothes, shaved, & brushed my teeth in an airport bathroom. Customer meeting from 10-3. Back to the airport for another short flight, got to my hotel around 6:30 PM. At which point I was so exhausted that I went out and ran 13 miles.

Cyberic

I have easier days than you, DaveP: both running wise and  life wise.