Beginners and Beyond

October Full Moon Run (Read 27 times)

ForceD

"Well, it's a marvelous night for a moondance..." or a run.

The Full Harvest Moon is actually Thursday, but I went out tonight. Not for a run (legs were a little sore), but for an eleven mile full moon bike ride. I'm going to try for a full moon run Thursday or Friday. But, autumn is great for nighttime running. Not into running in the dark but still want to do a full moon run. The moon should rise well before it's dark. Get out there and enjoy. Watch out for the ghosts and goblins.

Boo,

Dan

Running since March 1976

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I run mostly to see things, to explore places I don't know. And the places I do know,...then I get a sense of the weather, the shifting light, the seasonal changes; it can be pleasurable even when you hurl yourself into the teeth of nature." -- Ed Koren, Runner and Cartoonist for New Yorker magazine, 2006 interview for RW magazine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The road belongs not to the swift, but to those who keep running.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the going gets tough...sprinters quit.

Docket_Rocket

I have always wanted to do one of those (we have some races here during the Full Moon), but I fall walking in full daylight, I shouldn't even try. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

We walk our dog every night around 10:30 - 11:00, so I stay very aware of the phases of the moon. A lot of full moon nights, especially in summer or when there's snow on the ground, I think about how bright it is and how nice it would be to do a run. Somehow I never do.

LRB

I could really get down with a group run under the moon but not so much solo. It's odd because for all the years I've been running in the morning darkness you would think that I'd be comfortable with it, but I'm not. And probably never will be.

I don't know, I just don't like it. I do it because it has to get done.

Cyberic

I just received my headlamp today. A Black Diamond Sprinter. It has a battery pack in the back to even the weight around and stop the bouncing. Don't know if I'm ready for a full moon run, but I have the needed equipment. Big grin