Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday October Penguins (Read 19 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Happy October all.  Did a short run over to yoga (2.4 miles) and then a one hour yoga class.  I took the bus back home though... laziness.

I hope everyone is having a great day!  I'm off to work shortly.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Robert31320

Team TJ

Stopped by the park after work and got in 2 miles.  I just don't function well sometimes on evening running.  I'm a morning runner without a doubt.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad DH is better HsM.

Short walk for us on the bike path and then a trip to Target.  Trying to find a yellow long sleeve shirt for the HM.  I will be wearing cardinal and gold, school colors, or as DW says...ketchup and mustard !!!

GinnyinPA

I ended up joining the running group speed workout after all.  I was by far the slowest person, but they were very welcoming.  I had someone to talk to on the 'easy' run to and from the park. Once there, we did 2 minutes hard, one minute recovery, then 4 minutes hard, two minutes recovery times 3.  It was partly on paved trail and partly on grass at a park doing loops and the fast people would head back toward me when we did the recovery so I didn't completely lose sight of them. I couldn't remember how to do laps on my watch, so I'm not sure how I did.  I know the effort was very uneven, but the last sets were 8:07 pace for the 2 minute interval and 8:37 for the last 4 minute interval.  Not at all what I would have done on my own, but it was fun to see what I can do if I put my mind to it.

Zelanie

Ginny, that sounds awesome!  I tend to be one of the slower runners when I go to the "speed" workouts myself, but I tell myself that's because there are a lot of runners out there who never venture out into a group speed workout.  The ones that are based on time are nice, because then at least everybody gets done at about the same time.  Like you, I've found the mood to be really positive and supportive.  Hope that you get to go again!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice workout, Ginny.  8:07 is by far the slowest?  Is this a Kenyan running group?

From the Internet.

Nice job, Ginny! If I'm doing my math right that's 18 minutes of work at well under 9:00 pace, so over 2 miles of speedwork for you!

I was worried about being too slow when I started running with my club, but everyone from the slowest to the fastest is super encouraging and welcoming - runners are nice like that Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Another busy day!  It was still 96F at 7pm but I got the 7 done. Slowly.

Damaris