Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies (Read 16 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I woke up early, well before my alarm, and figured I'd see if I could beat the rain.  It wasn't raining when I took a look at the thermometer to help me decide what to wear, but by the time I got out the door a light rain had started (so I went back inside to get a hat).  5½ miles in the early morning dark & cold, then off to PT where the heat they put on my knee felt so good that I wanted it on both legs.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 7 later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Leisurely swam 2025; changed rotation to free back breast, 27 sets.    I do get bits of stuff going on doing these:  at about 1550 quick little cramps on and off in one or two of the small muscles in the right calf.  Sunday it was a bit of right rib cage discomfort; Tuesday was feeling right collarbone, and today  the knuckles of the left ring and middle fingers.   Surprisingly the abs haven’t gotten sore.

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, Ace!  I ran 5 easy miles on the track this morning before the snow and rain started, and now there is a good covering on the ground.  It's supposed to dump rain the next 24 hours.  Got a bike workout later.

The annual W-2 process at work used to be a serious pain in the ass for me, requiring lots of extra hours and working a few weekends every January.  With the new job, they just seem to take care of themselves.  They are completed and I have done nothing to assist, other than manually calculate my own to make sure it looks good.

<3

sdWhiskers

7 miles in lovely sunny weather.

Got my ferritin retested last week, it went from 429 in early Nov to 294. So moving in the right direction but still crazy high. Playing phone tag with the Dr so haven't heard her thoughts yet.

sdWhiskers

The annual W-2 process at work used to be a serious pain in the ass for me, requiring lots of extra hours and working a few weekends every January.  With the new job, they just seem to take care of themselves.  They are completed and I have done nothing to assist, other than manually calculate my own to make sure it looks good.

Taxes are like annual performance reviews...I feel like we just finished them yet it's time to do it again, ugh.

No beating the rain here. 8 miles in a steady rain, heavier than the usual PNW drizzle. I got seriously soaked. My only rain gear is a hat. And I usually dress for a bit colder than the actual temp. It was 47, that would be short sleeves for me, but I went with LS & gloves. My fingers still got numb and turned white, which happens in the cold and more so in cold rain.

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles on the tm. Knee is still making its presence known.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Tested negative today (5-6 days after exposure). I think I am in the clear.

7 on the TM and I also lifted. The glute/sacrum area was painful before the run but the run and the back workout helped.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page