Beginners and Beyond

Apparently the Apocalypse is boring (Read 400 times)

@runjerseygirl

Just an FYI: My brother lives in Spain, and 9 minutes into the End of Days, is immensely bored with it.  Evidently it's not very exciting.  Carry on.

Do you even run?

LRB

The same thing happened on New Years Eve morning Y2K.  They were partying like mofo's on the other side of the globe meanwhile foo's over here were preparing for the worst.  Wait, what?  Funny!

tessasnewlife

Its my sister's birthday. I remember many many times during my childhood I said she was the devil. Turns out I'm right?--- shes also boring, so I assume it will happen in a boring way too.

@runjerseygirl

The same thing happened on New Years Eve morning Y2K.  They were partying like mofo's on the other side of the globe meanwhile foo's over here were preparing for the worst.  Wait, what?  Funny!

I was 18 at the time and didn't seem to care if it was the end of the world.  If I was going out, I was going out wasted, LOL!

Do you even run?

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

What?  End of Days is a great movie, IMHO. Wink

CiscoGuy

Yup, heard the same from my mates down under. Just another Friday, first day of summer for them.

Run well and safely.

xor

I decided to celebrate the EVE OF DESTRUCTION (aka today) by rolling my yearly mileage odometer to 4000.

You mean now I have to run again tomorrow?

Revenge of the Nerd

The Maya Empire was located in what we in the US know as the Central Time Zone. 

Give it a few hours.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

delicate flower

It's nice of Australia to act as a buffer every time the world is going to end.  "Very dangerous!  You go first."

<3

LRB

It's nice of Australia to act as a buffer every time the world is going to end.  "Very dangerous!  You go first."

Yep.  Our very own test dummies.

Jess runs for bacon

So, like, as a trained archaeologist I am so not worried about this. Granted, my degree focused on the Classics, but I took a few classes on our Mesoamerican friends. I promise, it's nothing to worry about.

We googled it at work, and the Dr I work for has decided that it will happen at 6:11 eastern time tomorrow morning! He looked at quite a few different websites! Lol! However we planned an "end of the world" ice cream party, just in case we are all still here at noon!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

MrNamtor

Yep.  Our very own test dummies.

i worked on the Y2K committee of a large French bank from 1998 to 2000.  Dec 31st 1999 was a big day for us..  I'll never forget watching the TV broadcast of the sun coming up over New Zealand with the Maori dancing in celebration of the New Year. It wasn't that i was super worried before hand, but seeing them dancing and singing against the rising sun was when i realized everything was going to be alright.

So, like, as a trained archaeologist I am so not worried about this. Granted, my degree focused on the Classics, but I took a few classes on our Mesoamerican friends. I promise, it's nothing to worry about.

Wheeew. I feel way better now

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Purple Toes