Beginners and Beyond

Thursday 1/19 (Read 37 times)

onemile

Yep, like 15.5 miles. Not bad for a Thursday.

I'd give you a star for that

Cyberic

I'd give you a star for that

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

For me it's always an interval. I associate strides with fartleks but the very meaning of fartlek is speed play (it's Swiss if I recall correctly) so all speed work is technically a fartlek or fartleks.

Swedish, developed to hopefully overtake the Finns who were the dominate country in distance running at the time. If only distance or time were prescribed I'd call it fartlek, but if you are running a specific distance at a set pace or in a set time I'd call it intervals.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

HECK. GUYS. ESTHER ERB ATKINS PERSONALLY TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT MY WEIGHT

*faints* Ah man I love when fancy fast pros are on websites with lowly normal people like me! Running club friend got a GoPro-type camera thing for Christmas and I was in the video he posted to the club's page from last week's group run. This is basically me with the rest of the faster Saturday group. But I'm running well and not in a place to lose weight at any appreciable rate without sacrificing recovery/risking injury, so after the initial shock of how huge I look compared to everyone else I resolved to just eat more vegetables and get on with my life :P Validation from a pro was just the icing on the cake!

I ran 10.1 of a planned 12 this afternoon. I was nearing puke city and had to get off that rollercoaster. Add "being too hungry" and "maybe apples" to the things that make me sick on afternoon runs. Two double-digit days in a row, though, I really can't complain too much! Recovery double on tap tomorrow.

Cyberic

Those are big miles you're logging lately, Lauren.

From the Internet.

Those are big miles you're logging lately, Lauren.

If my legs don't fall apart over the next couple months, I'll be peaking in the low 70s this cycle D: Exciting! And frightening!

For me it's always an interval. I associate strides with fartleks but the very meaning of fartlek is speed play (it's Swiss if I recall correctly) so all speed work is technically a fartlek or fartleks.

Swiss is not a language. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is this your first ever running injury?

Yes and I don't think it happened while running so is it still a running injury?  I have been running 17 years no injury, FTS.

Damaris

Zelanie

Zoe is waking up. Probably no surgery needed for her, but no obvious fix either. No major nerve impingement. No hip issues. No full knee ligament tear, and partial tear unlikely.

So we go with pain meds and maybe steroids, and see if that helps.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck!

Damaris

LRB

Swiss is not a language. 

Actually, the entire post was jacked up, so pardon me while I fix your post for ya.