Beginners and Beyond

Penguins. Here's Tuesday's thread...down here...yeah...right here (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

I have Hokas.  After you run in them, your legs don't feel like you ran at all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Amazonian Princess

I am intrigued.

Why would Hokas not be more popular then  - cost, appearance, sized funny?

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

Because they are made for ultra runners, for people that run tons of miles.  They look ugly as hell but they sure feel comfy.  I did a marathon in them and this one was PR so I ran for a LONG time and I never felt I had done a marathon after them.

The mileage is also good.  Most Marathon maniacs that use them claim to have put over 1000 miles in them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

3.2 miles done on the treadmill while the youngest sicky napped. Now I need to figure out something for dinner.

Shoes, ahhh. I have a pair for outside, pair for the treadmill. I think my treadmill pair are about half done, but I don't want to shell out another $140 for a new pair. Stupid heavy pounding body, lol.

GinnyinPA

I ordered new shoes today - actually a repeat of my current shoes since they've worked well.  I looked at the log and realized they have about 500 miles on them already, so I need something in reserve.

I've seen Hokas, and they really do look different.

Finished 7 on the TM, with 4 at tempo.  I hurt.  I seem to tense up so much more when I do speedwork.

SheCan

I have Hokas.  After you run in them, your legs don't feel like you ran at all.

I must try these shoes then!

Coralie-- I'm sorry about your babies.  Sure hope you don't end up sick also.  Ugh@ $140 for a pair of shoes.  I don't think I've paid over $55 for any....and paying that much is hard for me.  Usually I try to get em on sale.  But then again, I'm not really picky and usually am okay with New Balance.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I went in to get another pair of my current shoes, but the LRS only has the color that I already have.  I figured I'd get a different color so I don't accidentally mix them up.  They should be in tomorrow, and I specifically got the ugliest colors that they come in.  I honestly don't own anything that will go with these.  Hahaha....these are going to be great.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Coralie, sorry abt the kiddo.. Always worrying.. Hope they get well soon..

Awood, nice shoes...!! I used to only wear mainly white running shoes.. Now, any colors goes.. I still stick to black/grey/blue shorts though.

Mel, no pic of the said tank top?

Anyone here are using CW-X compression short? I am using 2XU but am looking to add another..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar