Beginners and Beyond

Weirdness Wednesday Penguins (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It's always fun to hide easter eggs in here. And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So I have long maintained that weird things happen in my lab.  Like my AC shaft wobbling off center, raining metallic black dust down on everything, and then cracking in two.  Or a problem with the instrument, when all signs point to a single fixable issue, but it turns out to be three separate issues working in conjunction.

So the latest, which I've been squawking about for over a year, is that I have to export my data results, then import them into another problem.  I know that I have to do the export twice in order for it to work at all.  I discovered recently that sometimes even if I do the export twice, the results are incorrect.  I finally made enough noise that I got a programmer involved, and spent an hour and a half this morning proving to him that a problem existed.  Maybe now I've got a chance at getting it fixed!

Morning run was muggy and warmish.  Like running through soup.  Hold on, cool front is coming in a couple of days!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Spent the morning getting a VO2 Max and Resting Metabolic Rate tests.  I have Pilates and 8 after work.

HopesMom, your machines are loco.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

But how was the concert??

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oops, forgot.  It was great, but for the asshole smoking one of those fake e-cigs.  Sorry, but still bad for asthma.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Poop on that dude!!  Most places that ban cigarettes also ban e-cigs.  Sorry for your lungs!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Poop on that dude!!  Most places that ban cigarettes also ban e-cigs.  Sorry for your lungs!!

I think so, but where we were sitting, there were no staff watching.  Sigh.  I hated it, especially since I had a VO2 Max test today (morning), which I already did on 3 hours of sleep.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Sounds more like a VO2 min test ...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds more like a VO2 min test ...

LOL.

Damaris

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hey Pens!

Heading down to the treadmill shortly to run some miles.  I need to avoid the soupy weather outside.  I have a feeling my lungs wouldn't enjoy it.

D - I hate it when assholes smoke wherever they please.  I've gotten into fights with people over it (smoking is illegal in all NYC Parks).  Usually I try to avoid confrontation but every once in awhile my inner tiger comes out and I get combative =P  Did you say anything to the individual?

HsM - good job running in the soup.  I hope your instrument issues get resolved quickly!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

D - Did you get the results of your test?

HM - I hope that they'll be able to fix the bug in the program.  That's crazy that it took so long to get it taken care of.

Jill - good luck doing the move by yourself.  Hopefully your husband will pack up his personal stuff before he leaves for his trial.  Most of the moves I've done were done without professional assistance. (Usually with several pick up trucks and multiple trips.) The one that was paid by Jim's company was crazy to watch because they wasted so much paper and boxes.  But it was nice to let someone else do the work for once.

Rest day here, and I felt like I really needed it. Running three days in a row when you haven't run for a couple of weeks makes for sore feet and tired legs. We drove down to VA to meet a friend for lunch. Now I'm really tired.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey Pens!

Heading down to the treadmill shortly to run some miles.  I need to avoid the soupy weather outside.  I have a feeling my lungs wouldn't enjoy it.

D - I hate it when assholes smoke wherever they please.  I've gotten into fights with people over it (smoking is illegal in all NYC Parks).  Usually I try to avoid confrontation but every once in awhile my inner tiger comes out and I get combative =P  Did you say anything to the individual?

HsM - good job running in the soup.  I hope your instrument issues get resolved quickly!

They were 3 rows above, I think, so no.  And e-cigs are still legal in many places which irk me to no end.

Ginny, yes, they gave me the results immediately.  The VO2 Max was skewed because I quit a bit too early but at least I got some data out of the it.  The RMR was interesting because apparently, I have not been eating as much as I should.

Damaris