Beginners and Beyond

Shunamitism Saturdailies! (Read 41 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Shunamitism:  Rejuvenation of an old man by a young woman.

Which is perfect for me today, as I am soon off to Seguin, TX to do my 64th race of 2013.   At my races, my old body usually gets a bit tired toward the end of the race, but then some young "Great Legs" lady passes my be and I get 'shunamitized" to give chase and push on to the finish!   Big grin

It is around 6:30 a.m. here in San Antonio right now and it is already 63 degrees!  Race start time is 9 a.m., temp then will probably be close to 70.  The record high for Nov 16 in San Antonio is 86 degrees and the weather guy this morning said we might break that today!  Crazy Mother Nature, just can't make up her mind for us if we are in our Fall or still continuing our summer.  Joking  The weather tomorrow for the San Antonio Rock n Roll marathoners and half marathoners is going to be very warm, so please send them some good thoughts!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, it's a headlamp.  It goes on my head.  When it gets dark, I turn it on to see the road in front of me.  Cool  I run on the rail trail a lot.  There are no lights on it.  My headlamp is 200 lumens.  Dare I say it's a little obnoxious it's so bright, but IDGAF.

Baboon - like LRB, if I saw that thing coming at me, I'd run the other way!  Especially on a rail trail cuz in my warped mind, lol, I'd think maybe a little train was heading right at me!  Joking

Damaris, nice marathon photo of you and the little girl yesterday in the dailies thread, that one is a keeper!

OK, I gotta hit the road to get to my race, Seguin is about an hour away.  As usual, race report and my multi-photos to be posted later.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

All in favor of shunamitism say "aye"

AYE!!!

Morning, Dailies. Hope all is well.

I am still not running, but I will be calling the Doc first thing Monday. The right knee still isn't right. I'm hoping that I don't need some athroscopic shunamitism there! But if that's what it takes, then so be it. I really want to get back to running, even if it's in a more limited fashion. It is a great psychological lift as well as a physiological boost.

Good luck with your race, Scotty!  Good luck to all racers!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've got a 15k trail race at 9 this morning, gonna try and kick some butt. Then, since it appears tomorrow is going to have a lot of severe weather I will probably take Rocky and Dorian for a 5 mile hike later today. Even if it is just a hike for me, Rocky will still get to run for like an hour and a half.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Supp!

I slept like a mofo last night!  It's gonna take a while before I am fully woke...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

FreeSoul.......you posted this yesterday....

My race outfit for tomorrow, not sure if I'll have the nerves to go without a shirt but who knows, it's going to be between 55 and 57 degrees so we will see. Sucky lighting and phone, but you can see I am wearing my new sexy trail shoes (and they do seem a bit small, not clowny at all Joking)

WHAT?  And you told me in that post you did NOT have Great Legs!  LIAR! Joking  You have Great......everything!  Big grin   Good luck with your race, no doubt in my mind you are gonna rock it!  How can you go wrong with those 'sexy trail shoes?"  Big grin

GC100k

The first Shunammite woman I thought of was the one whose son died and Elisha raised him from the dead.

But the girl that they got to share a bed with old king David was Shunammite, so that's where the term comes from.  By the way, men, "The woman was very beautiful; she took care of the king and waited on him, but the king had no sexual relations with her".

Oh, running.  A bunch of errands to run this morning but hopefully I'll get out on the trails this afternoon.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, thank you Scotty... though I will find many ways to argue about my legs but I have noticed since trail running that my calves are becoming more defined. The only problem area I still have or feel that I have are my inner thighs but those last annoying inches of fat will probably never go away as the women in my family carry most of our fat and weight below the waist.

I am hoping there aren't a lot of fast ladies running the 15k distance, it would be another awesome thing if I can place in one of the top 3, especially after kicking my PR goal's ass two weeks ago at the Indy Monumental Half.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Aye! Smile

Good morning everyone!

Some recovery miles and garage cleaning on tap for today.  Weather is supposed to be pretty nice this weekend, gonna take advantage of it and get the garage cleaned up so I can get a workout area setup.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

*rubs eyes*  'Morning!  Wakey wakey!  I see in the "what are you too old for" thread that some folks can't sleep past 6:00 or 7:00.  I am happy to report that I slept from 9:30 to 8:00.  That's 10.5 hours if you're scoring at home, and it was glorious.  I am not too old for some extra shut-eye!  Cool

Not sure what today has in store.  A run of some kind, I'm sure.  Beyond that, I got no eye deer.  Right now I am wholly focused on my cup of coffee.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

*rubs eyes*  'Morning!  Wakey wakey!  I see in the "what are you too old for" thread that some folks can't sleep past 6:00 or 7:00.  I am happy to report that I slept from 9:30 to 8:00.  That's 10.5 hours if you're scoring at home, and it was glorious.  I am not too old for some extra shut-eye!  Cool

Not sure what today has in store.  A run of some kind, I'm sure.  Beyond that, I got no eye deer.  Right now I am wholly focused on my cup of coffee.

10.5 hours?!?! Wow, are you catching up for the week? I don't think I could sleep until 8:00 if I tried. Lucky, Baboon..

Four recovery miles on tap for today, setting me up for my last 20 miler tomorrow morning.

Have a good day, Dailies.

LRB

I don't feel like doing squat, let alone core and stretcing. Need to get motivated somehow, sigh.

Just B.S.

Morning all. Haven't been around at all. It's been a crazy week to say the least.

Hubby is working today and I have a volunteer gig tomorrow at a charity auction so heading

out soon for 10 miles or so. No running yesterday but swam 1,000 at 7am before work.

I am not big on tracking miles as I really don't run that many Smile or analyzing my Garmin data but I was

happy to see that my last 2 weeks of "feels easy" relaxed running since my last marathon was an

average pace of under 10mm even with all the big ass hills where I live.

4 years ago, after 10 years of running,  before I cared at all about getting faster that was my race

pace for all distances up to and including the half (hadn't yet run a full)

At 48 my 5 k PR was around 29 minutes now at almost 52 I ran a new PR 25:27 in Sept. Also another

sub 2 half,  a 5 mile, 10 k and big marathon PR this year as well as several PR's at sprint tri's.

No more racing around here for 2013 but looking back it's been another very good year!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Puppy pool. Decided one more day for non run will do it tomorrow

Marjorie