Beginners and Beyond

November Goals & Turkey Day plans (Read 69 times)

happylily

- Run a bunch of miles and start a taper at the end of the month.

- Start running intervals that make more sense.

- Avoid a return of the dreaded PF.

- I ran a bunch of miles, but nothing more than what was on the training plan. Not my Boston training by far, but still a solid training cycle for me.

- I did start doing intervals two weeks after running Chicago. It felt hard at first, but this week I ran 3x1600m 6 seconds per mile slower than my McMillan's 5k projected pace. Good enough for me.

- Foot is still not 100% and may never really feel "normal" again, but it feels ok when running, so I'm content with that.

I'm at race weight even though I went through Halloween leftovers and about 3 full bags of potato chips. I'm ready.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Forgot to say: I'm happy that I still have 9 toenails and only two of them are purple. Yeah! (sorry for the visual. Big grin)

onemile

1.  BQ at Monumental

2.  Take it easy the rest of the month

Done.  3:33:15 at Monumental and 129 miles for the month including 10 days off post marathon.

RSX

My only goal is 135 miles.

I have a 5k on Thanksgiving which is a lot of fun. Our family dinner will be on Saturday this year.

I was burnt out on long runs so came up shy by 10. It was my lowest total since April.

LRB

It felt hard at first, but this week I ran 3x1600m 6 seconds per mile slower than my McMillan's 5k projected pace.

1600's are not intervals, they are punishment! lol

Are you throwing 400's, 800's, 1000's and 1200's in there, or do you laugh at those?

happylily

1600's are not intervals, they are punishment! lol

Are you throwing 400's, 800's, 1000's and 1200's in there, or do you laugh at those?

I HATE the 1600m intervals! It's Pfitz's final joke on us in the last week before race week. But yeah... I started with pitiful intervals of 400m and gradually built up. When it's been a while running a 5k pace, you think it'll never come back to you. Stupid lungs and heart.

LRB

I HATE the 1600m intervals! It's Pfitz's final joke on us in the last week before race week. But yeah... I started with pitiful intervals of 400m and gradually built up. When it's been a while running a 5k pace, you think it'll never come back to you. Stupid lungs and heart.

If all I did were 1600 intervals, I would have quit running by now!