Beginners and Beyond

Suggestions for a group name (Read 236 times)

Docket_Rocket

But SRL likes ponies!

I'd rather not have a name that refers to RWOL. I don't see anything wrong with Beginners and Beyond. I like B and B. Please not carebears and rainbows! And no ponies.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I want a name that everyone (or most everyone) can live with. If it's this one, fine. If not, this is the place to post suggestions.

Nevrgivup

How about hotties that run. LOL. I think this is actually fun. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

I think it is all right to keep reference to RWOL for a little while, be it in the name or group's description. They still don't really have the spam problem under control and as I have seen pointed out both places, there are two major holidays coming up in December and that's when they tend to lose complete control of their website.  More people may seek us out at that time and it may thus help to have the reference to RWOL for them to find us.

Otherwise, I do think we should eventually drop the references to RWOL. 

I don't really care what we call ourselves.  I think the broader the name, probably the more likely we are to attract new members over time, though.

xor

FWIW, you can be Beginners and Beyond... and then put some extra stuff on the end of your name.  As long as you don't eff (yeah, we don't have to cuss in every single post) with the core of the name up front, it'll always be in the same place on the list.

You could be "Beginners and Beyond.... RWOL refugees look here!"  for a bit.

Then "Beginners and Beyond... with carebears and rainbows!" later.  Or just B&B.

Lots of tagline potential though.

My main point is to stick with the same core name and put that up front.  If you change the start of the name, your group starts moving around the list.  And for current members, it starts moving around their individual lists at the bottom of the forum page.  That?  Is a giant pain in the ass.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I think Beginners and Beyond kind of sums us up as a group without sounding exclusionary.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think Beginners and Beyond suits us well. Besides I suggested it in the other thread.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

xor

I think Beginners and Beyond suits us well. Besides I suggested it in the other thread.

Seconded and thirded.

xor

But SRL likes ponies!

10 star maniacs get a free pony.

Pinktastic

Not that I've been here long enough to be a stakeholder, but I like Beginners and Beyond....  

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Then "Beginners and Beyond... with carebears and rainbows!" later.  Or just B&B.

Please no carebears.  Just Beginners and Beyond seems fitting.

Running is dumb.

Docket_Rocket

I remember we suggested RWOL to cha ge the name to B&B and they never did.  I think it fits us.

And I agree with what SRL said.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I like Beginners and Beyond.  With B&B as the nickname.

And right now, since we are still getting folks from RWOL trying to find us, I think we should keep that mentioned in the name. 

But eventually, get rid of all mention of RWOL.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Beginners & Beyond - B&B is fine with me! Short and sweet, and reminds me of two of my favorite activities, sleeping and eating!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Love the Half

Beginners and Beyond sums up it up perfectly.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).