Beginners and Beyond

Who's racing this weekend? (Read 64 times)

Sloooow.

Race for the Cure 5K. High for tomorrow is 77, that's vomiting weather for me. I was hoping to PR, now I'm just hoping not to faint.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm running a 5K tomorrow in Ringgold, Georgia. Just a little race, I think. Should be fun. I did do a 4 mile run today, but I've pretty much rested my legs all week so I should be OK.

I have no expectations as far as time, but I'm going to run it at a pace that will get me a PR. At least at the start. We'll see how that goes as I progress through the race.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Brilliant

I'm running in the LA Marathon, but I wouldn't call it racing. I'm doing a half as part of a team, and since LA doesn't officially have a half, I won't get an official time. Undecided

Race for the Cure 5K. High for tomorrow is 77, that's vomiting weather for me. I was hoping to PR, now I'm just hoping not to faint.

Do you have a vomit calculator, where you input temperature, humidity, & length of race, and it spits out (excuse the expression) the % chance of vomiting? If not, we'll see if Eric can add one to the site.

Dave

Sloooow.

Do you have a vomit calculator, where you input temperature, humidity, & length of race, and it spits out (excuse the expression) the % chance of vomiting? If not, we'll see if Eric can add one to the site.

I'm lucky that there is only one indication, temperature greater than 70F. Though, maybe humidity comes into play too. Last warmer 5K I ran was in December, and 75F. I had to sit down for 15 minutes afterwards feeling faint and wanting to vomit. My (complete lack of) heat tolerance is pathetic Smile

happylily

Good luck, everyone! May you all get weather to your liking and great PRs! And come back with RRs for us!

I have a 10k time trial tomorrow morning, but it's not a race, just on a track, with my coach. I'm scared... Joking

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Good luck, everyone! May you all get weather to your liking and great PRs! And come back with RRs for us!

I have a 10k time trial tomorrow morning, but it's not a race, just on a track, with my coach. I'm scared... Joking

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010