Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Call your shot (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Just catching up with all the posts, sheesh.

Watched XXX today so I am finally up to date with movies.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Interesting stuff, LRB. What is your MP relative to your VT training pace? You said it was close, but I'd like to know how close.

Thinking about finally seeing Arrival this afternoon, after squeezing in my run. I have been wanting to see it since it came out, but never got around to it. I figure it probably doesn't have much longer in the theaters.

That was something else

Dave

LRB

Interesting stuff, LRB. What is your MP relative to your VT training pace? You said it was close, but I'd like to know how close.

I don't really know based on this information, I was speaking of what I've run in the past. Once I absorb and understand all of this crap, I will follow-up with them for more detailed information on training paces as they relate to specific race distances. I will also be going back to be retested later this year. The cost moving forward will be $150.

Cyberic

I don't really know based on this information, I was speaking of what I've run in the past. Once I absorb and understand all of this crap, I will follow-up with them for more detailed information on training paces as they relate to specific race distances. I will also be going back to be retested later this year. The cost moving forward will be $150.

Cool. I like geeky stuff like that. Not sure it will make you faster, but it might if you get to understand stuff about yourself and adapt your training accordingly.

Docket_Rocket

That was something else

In a good way?  I've heard yays and nays.

Just finally served dinner. It's been that long of a day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

In a good way?    

Yes, absolutely.

Dave

LRB

Cool. I like geeky stuff like that. Not sure it will make you faster, but it might if you get to understand stuff about yourself and adapt your training accordingly.

Yeah, I'm calling it crap but I'm just joking around. I'm loving it. They didn't have to dumb anything down or speak slowly, I was right there with them as they explained it all. Everything made perfect sense. This coming from someone who will mentally check out on your ass in a heartbeat, sometimes even when a waitress is describing the special of the day at a restaurant. Like, wait a minute; what was that?? lol

LRB

In a good way?  I've heard yays and nays.

It wasn't until I was leaving the theater that I realized what was happening with the story she told the entire movie (yeah, I know ), but even up to that point I thought it was a very well made movie. After that, I thought it was excellent!

The people who voted nay probably didn't get it, because there were some people who were walking out with me who didn't.

The writers probably could've made that aspect a little more obvious, but when you go back and look at it, it was obvious. It was just a matter of when each individual realized it...if they did at all.

It wasn't until I was leaving the theater that I realized what was happening with the story she told the entire movie (yeah, I know ), but even up to that point I thought it was a very well made movie. After that, I thought it was excellent!

The people who voted nay probably didn't get it, because there were some people who were walking out with me who didn't.

The writers probably could've made that aspect a little more obvious, but when you go back and look at it, it was obvious. It was just a matter of when each individual realized it...if they did at all.

Dude, you're slow! 

But yeah, once you get what's going on, that's what made it a great movie for me.

I'm guessing a lot of the nays are people looking for more of an action movie - it's really more of a sci-fi-based drama. Less Ridley Scott, more M. Night Shyamalan. I think if you go into it with that expectation, you'll have more appreciation.

Dave