Beginners and Beyond

Lake Perry 50K RR (Read 59 times)

granite_running - Thanks! Congrats on your 5K! That's how I started on trails and I never looked back. Smile For the pics, I raise the camera up and take the photo, no aiming, just point in the general direction and let the camera do the work. Smile

Eric

Ha.  I asked for that.  Big grin

But, how do you do that without dropping your camera in the mud every two miles?  Are you more coordinated than average, or have a way to tie it to your clothes or something?

Love the Half

Ugh.  Mud is why I hate trails.  That and falling.  Don't like that a damn bit either.  Nice job on getting after it though.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

RabbitChaser

Ha.  I asked for that.  Big grin

But, how do you do that without dropping your camera in the mud every two miles?  Are you more coordinated than average, or have a way to tie it to your clothes or something?

When I'm not carrying it, it's in the pouch on my hydration belt. It's nice and secure and I'm not worried about dropping it. I use the Olympus Tough TG-2 iHS so if I dropped it, it really shouldn't hurt it. I've dropped an earlier model while racing a road 8K before and it worked fine afterward.

LTH - Thanks! The mud here wasn't bad except for a small section in which it was tacky and stuck to the shoes. On the 2nd lopp, it was fine.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Congrats Eric!  Good luck in Des Moines this weekend!  Say Hi to everyone for me. Wish I could be there!

Relentless forward progress