Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Be Like (Read 40 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Zelanie, that post race food looks great.

Apparently there are Tim Horton's near me, I just cannot go to them. There are 2 on the grounds of Aberdeen Proving Ground, which is a military base and you need a reason to be on the grounds. I'm sure "I want coffee" is not one of them.

Zelanie

There are 2 on the grounds of Aberdeen Proving Ground, which is a military base and you need a reason to be on the grounds. I'm sure "I want coffee" is not one of them.

What about "I need a double double and some Timbits?"  That should be pretty convincing.

We don't have any around here, so of course going to Timmy's was a requirement on our Vancouver trip.  It was... not that exciting really.

Cyberic

It was... not that exciting really.

LOL!

LRB

I saw Mockingjay Part 2. I didn't read the books so I have nothing to draw from other than the films, which I thought got better as the series went on. This one was a bit of a letdown but I suppose remained true to the book which is important to true fans, not johnny come latelys such as myself.

Overall the franchise as a whole was good and I'm glad I played catch up and saw them. I tried to play catch up with another franchise I missed out on, The Lord of the Rings but couldn't get past the first 20 minutes of the first one! I missed the Harry Potter series as well but probably will pass on those.

Anyway, Catching Fire was my favorite of The Hunger Games movies, with Mockingjay Part 1 a close second.

Half Crazy K 2.0

What about "I need a double double and some Timbits?"  That should be pretty convincing.

We don't have any around here, so of course going to Timmy's was a requirement on our Vancouver trip.  It was... not that exciting really.

Probably not. I'm thinking the military bases around here are on high alert given recent events, so they probably wouldn't have a sense of humor about a civilian wanting to get on the base. Plus, the staff may still be cranky about the blimp issues.....

Docket_Rocket

I saw Mockingjay Part 2. I didn't read the books so I have nothing to draw from other than the films, which I thought got better as the series went on. This one was a bit of a letdown but I suppose remained true to the book which is important to true fans, not johnny come latelys such as myself.

Overall the franchise as a whole was good and I'm glad I played catch up and saw them. I tried to play catch up with another franchise I missed out on, The Lord of the Rings but couldn't get past the first 20 minutes of the first one! I missed the Harry Potter series as well but probably will pass on those.

Anyway, Catching Fire was my favorite of The Hunger Games movies, with Mockingjay Part 1 a close second.

That's how I feel about the movies and the books.  It had to end that way but the last part was a bit of a let down in the books and the movies.  Good, but not great.

And LOTR and HP are the best ever.  Grrr.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

And LOTR and HP are the best ever.  Grrr.

I'm not alone you know. lol

From the Internet.

From the Internet.

3 easy miles today gets me to ~42 for the week. Good stuff.

Coach's opinion on my race quandary is that it'd be a great time to race a 5K as a fitness check, so I am going with that option! Should be fun. And painful. Might try to break 22.

Coach's opinion on my race quandary is that it'd be a great time to race a 5K as a fitness check, so I am going with that option! Should be fun. And painful. Might try to break 22.

Go get it!

Dave

Ric-G

moonlight run:

was out all day and got back in a bit ago...what am i going to do, sit around the house? nah...decided to head out and run which ended up pretty cool as the moonlight provided just enough visibility on some darker streets...easy 4 miles and now something to eat.

zel - sounds like a good day of running and good food too

rick- glad you were able to get moving

marathon pr - 3:16