Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: If You Don't Like It, Bite Me! (Read 66 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Did you bring the ruler to this thread?

Hmmm what will we be measuring?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Chairman

Ring finger size. Indirectly.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Docket_Rocket

FreeSoul needs to be up to date with the other thread, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

Shoe size.

Ok, bye.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FreeSoul needs to be up to date with the other thread, LOL.

Lol, yes I do. Right now I am only sticking to a couple threads, I can only keep track of so many dang it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

My avi is gone.  I assume it was the recent updates, so I sent an email to eric.

Free Soul, you missed a lot!  If you read the whole thread (or 2/3 of it) you'll get a medal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

SIAR - Just as a follow up to yesterday, I'm not injured. I just seem to get issues when I do the hill sprints. Maybe the hill is too steep, who knows. I've been off for 2 days, but that is totally unrelated. I just felt like I needed a mental break. On that note, I'm heading out for some miles now.

Docket_Rocket

Go get them!

SIAR - Just as a follow up to yesterday, I'm not injured. I just seem to get issues when I do the hill sprints. Maybe the hill is too steep, who knows. I've been off for 2 days, but that is totally unrelated. I just felt like I needed a mental break. On that note, I'm heading out for some miles now.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

AprilRunner, great interval workout.

Sarah, cool run. I wish that I were able to go out for five miles during the day.

Congrats on the granted motion, Damaris!

I'm on my way to the gym to do weights and abs. After that, chocolate ice creamSmile

happylily

11 miles done, incl. 6 tempo  @ 7:17 pace and average overall pace of 7:41. My legs felt good, I'm happy. :-)

I have to hurry to the store, now, before it closes...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Lily, you amaze me. What a run!

Weights are done. I'll do my ab work at homeomni bench or chair, which I need for one exercise, was available. </pout>

B-Plus

10.8 @ 8:28. It felt great and I'm back in a running mood after a couple of days off to reset.

288.7 miles for the month, my second highest ever.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My avi is gone.  I assume it was the recent updates, so I sent an email to eric.

Free Soul, you missed a lot!  If you read the whole thread (or 2/3 of it) you'll get a medal.

Hmmm.........  tempting but I'll have to wait until my son is distracted.

I got my 6 miles in, well 6.2 miles because I wanted to do 7 to end January on 90 miles rather an 89 but after some thinking I told myself that so far my running plan has served me well, no injuries or set backs, I've taken rest days when needed and January saw no injuries. I am going to stick to my plan and not push it so I ended January with 89.2 miles and I am very happy with it....

As for the run, I'd say a tempo.... 6.2 in 1:03:46 with snow pelting me in the eyes the whole way Shocked (OUCH!!), and I am so glad snow melts fast. Nearing 1 mile left, along the greenway ( I will edit this post with pics shortly) I noticed two loose dogs come over the hill about a quarter of a mile ahead of me and thought... oh no, I might have to use my pepper spray. One kept barking at me, as if the trail was his... the other just looked at me. I kept telling them to go, get on their way and after a 5 minute stand off they headed down the way I came from but I started up slowly, not wanting to attract their prey drive. The run ended good and I feel good Smile.

Edited: Some pics of tonight's run.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

OK, my avatar is back again.  All is well.

I did not hit 200 miles this month because I spent the night with DH.  The 199.36 is going to irk me, though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

OK, my avatar is back again.  All is well.

I did not hit 200 miles this month because I spent the night with DH.  The 199.36 is going to irk me, though.

Irk would be an understatement for me. You know there's 3 more hours in January and 0.64 miles would only take a few minutes ... I couldn't let that go.

Train smart ... race smarter.