Beginners and Beyond

Aaaaand ... it's Tuesday, Penguins! (Read 15 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The 225 is a big manly looking watch, but it is lighter and more comfortable than the 610. After walking around all day with it and the fitbit, it says that I got 600 steps less than the fitbit. I bet the garmin number is right.

Sapf, way to go on the 20!

Does the 225 vibrate your splits? That's my favorite feature in the tomtom.  It's also a manly watch on my skinny wrist.

Docket_Rocket

The 225 is a big manly looking watch, but it is lighter and more comfortable than the 610. After walking around all day with it and the fitbit, it says that I got 600 steps less than the fitbit. I bet the garmin number is right.

Sapf, way to go on the 20!

It depends on which hand you are wearing it. The dominant hand will always have more steps, so when you wear the Fitbit on your dominant hand (like I do while running), it has extra steps.  But I have to wear my TomTom on the left so there is nothing I can do.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Well I wear my fitbit on my non-dominant hand and my Garmin on my dominant one, so no easy explanation there.  Except I'm a lefty so I'm sure something is backwards somewhere.  After my run, Fitbit says I'm 1,200 steps over what the Garmin says.

Overall impression after 1 run- I like it!  It is way more comfortable than the 610, and found satellites faster.  I found that I just set it to the HR screen and just paid attention to keeping it in the green zone without worrying about pace or distance or anything.  Very relaxing.  Also, even little hills seem to send my HR over into the threshold zone.  All the little parts of my route that I've always felt like I'm dragging, those are also the part where my HR creeps up.

Docket_Rocket

I only pay attention to my HR too.  That's how I run. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page