Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES - Are You On The Naughty Or Nice List? (Read 225 times)

Tom, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day. Gustav, what do you do for back exercise(s)? I need to switch it up a bit. Heidi, enjoy the 12-13. Dave, have a great run tonight. Baboon, enjoy the recovery run. Are yours usually a particular distance or time? Shari, I can't wait to read how the repeats go. lilac_jive, have fun, whatever you do. Damaris, you ran in 100% humidity?
      Weights, forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer, and push-ups are done.
      happylily

Morning!

10 recovery tonight (should be 6, but I'm playing catch up because I didn't run Monday...). I need another coffee, now.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Tom, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day. Gustav, what do you do for back exercise(s)? I need to switch it up a bit. Heidi, enjoy the 12-13. Dave, have a great run tonight. Baboon, enjoy the recovery run. Are yours usually a particular distance or time? Shari, I can't wait to read how the repeats go. lilac_jive, have fun, whatever you do. Damaris, you ran in 100% humidity?

Yes, as in most of my days of the year.  Bah!  Main reason I don't run in the mornings.

Surprised I didn't get an asthma attack but things have improved since a few months ago.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning guys! i agree it's really cold here in PA also. 25 degrees, but still not tights weather. i think i refuse to break them out before New Year's. Easy 7+ miles this morning. Plan was for 8m, but legs a bit tired from my quality run yesterday, so kepy it easy and short.

happylily - 10 miles is a recovery run?Smile

Good running all!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! 25* when I left for work this morning. Brrr. I wish I had the balls to wake up early and run before work in the winter, but ugh. Bed = warm. Outside = cold.

Rest day for me. I'll probably do some foam rolling after work.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!

I hope everyone has a nice warm beverage to start the day this morning.   If not, I’m sure that LRB will share his coffee.

Weezer – What?   You broke down and wore tights?  It must be freezing then!   Hope your run went well!

Makk – Good for you for going out and conquering the dreaded hills today!   You can do it!!   And, you’ll feel so much better afterwards! 

Mitch – Enjoy your rest day!

Tom – I hope that adult beverage this morning goes down smoothly.   Have a great day!

Basya – Nice job with the weights and cardio this morning!

Gustav – Way to go with the weights and planks yesterday!   Hope the toilet repair worked out okay!

RMT3B – Have a great run later!  And, good morning!!   :-)

Dave – Sorry about the rain, but I’m sure that you’ll knock the miles out quickly this evening!

Baboon – I love me some guacamole!  Mmmmm…..    Nice run last night!  You are making quite the fashion statement with your chic knuckle lights and new thermal pants!

Step – You are amazing!   A strength class right after a tough run workout?    Wow!   I wouldn’t be up to the class after running like that.    Enjoy the wine and cookies later!

Lilac – A rest day and dinner with Mom (and wine) sounds like a delightful plan for a Thursday!   Enjoy!

Damaris – I’m with you!   I want a good winter this year dammit!!   Running in the humidity and heat get old fast.   Good for you for getting your run done early this morning!

Lily – Have a great run tonight!  

Jedi – I don’t know…..   25 would be tights weather for me…..   Enjoy the rest of your day!

I didn’t leave work as early as I was hoping to yesterday, but I was able to get in 5.26 miles last night.   Between mile 1 and mile 2, my lower right leg and foot were bothering me, but whatever it was corrected itself after mile 2 and my leg / ankle / foot seem fine this morning.    I totally enjoyed looking at all the Christmas lights while I was running.    The plan for today is somewhere between 4 and 6.   I’m hoping for more on the 6 side of that spectrum, but we’ll see how I’m feeling later.  

Have a Pinktacular Thursday!!    And, may your next run be one of those where you feel like you could run forever!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Weezer88

David, what's the temp?

It was between 24 and 28 this morning; however, with a slight wind it felt even colder.  The tights were a good choice today.

I AM WEEZER.

Shakedown Street

I am naughty.

5 miles with 5xhill sprints@1"

About a mile in the pool + some core work.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

EasyMiles

Morning-

Definitely naughty!

Lower leg still bothering me.  Swam 1200 yds this morning, but after no running for 10 days I am really starting to miss it, even with all the swimming an biking.  Heading to the gym later for some a leg workout and probably 10 miles on the bike.

Adam

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I have come down with a cold, so I opted to sleep a little bit longer this morning rather than drag my ass out of bed to run at 5am. I may or may not run my mile or so tonight to continue my streak. It depends on how I feel later. Right now I cannot breathe through my nose. Sad

runmomto3boys

David: You held out pretty long, though - not bad waiting until mid-December to break them out in the Midwest.  I've been wearing them for quite some time already!

Makk: Ohhh, good luck on your first hill workout ever!!!  It's going to suck, but it will feel so good when it's done!

Mitch: It sounds like you need a RD!  Enjoy the time off.

Tom: Enjoy your RD as well.  You earned it w/those hard intervals this week!  Well done!

Basya: I hope the weights/cardio goes well!

Gustav: Nice job on the cross-training too!  I've been doing planks like crazy as well.  Those side planks are tough!

D2: Enjoy those PM miles!

Phil: Those pants are warm, aren't they?  They are warmer than my thermal tights. Great work on the 10 fast (albeit easy) miles.   Enjoy that recovery run today.  It is well deserved!

Shari: Ohhh, you have some tough intervals on tap.  I hope they go well. 

Lilac: Dinner + vino w/Mom sounds like a pretty darn nice night!!

Docket: That weather is just gross.  Yuck.  Way too warm for December. 

Lily: I hope the 10 recovery go well.  I do 8 recovery miles often b/c I'd rather do that than a double myself (Pfitz's 6/4 split).  Tell me about the coach: are you liking his plan v. Pfitz???  Are there some big differences?  I start training again next week myself and I'm using Pfitz again.  I just feel comfortable w/his plan (and my ability to tweak it  - :winkSmile, but I have always been interested in the coach angle.

Jedi: Great job on the EZ 7 today!  Cutting it short was smart.  I have no shame in cutting runs if I need to and adding if I can. 

April: Enjoy the rest!

Sarah: I'm glad you got the 5+ in last night and that the foot held up OK!  That's great news!

JNeilt: Nice job on the hill sprints/run today!  You also did pool and core?  What a day!

Adam: I'm sorry that lower leg is still bugging you.  I hope it resolves soon.  That is frustrating.

Krystal: I hope you feel better soon!

Myrtle and core done. 

seeamyrun

Good morning runners!

I finally have a day off...whoop!

10 miles with 5x1200 at 5k on the schedule. Tonight we have DH's military Christmas ball to go to.

Have a good one!

Docket_Rocket

Feel better, Flippy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Jedi – I don’t know…..   25 would be tights weather for me…..   Enjoy the rest of your day! 

Pink - definitely borderline. i don't bust tights out unless under 25, but did not feel too bad this am.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???