Beginners and Beyond

Moonlit Morning MonDailies (Read 22 times)

sdWhiskers

Running out and back, north from my house:

South from my house:

Great for hill sprints! Not for anything else.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

5 miles done while the payroll calculates.  15.4 for the day.  Not bad for a Monday.

Eta:

Also, this, although I have never actually logged 300 in a calendar month:

Last 30 days: 303.2 mi

ZOINKS!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

South from my house:

ZOINKS, ZOINKS!

bluerun

Super B****

South from my house:

I’d move 🤪

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, if you run east or weest, is it somewhat more moderate?

sdWhiskers

Yes and no. My suburb (and many here) is essentially on a mesa. If I only run east or west, it's mostly flat for 2-3 miles each way before hitting a canyon. But if I run north or south, there's immediately a canyon. If I want to run a loop, the drop off is inevitable. So when trying to fit in a workout with X miles at MP, it's hard to avoid annoying elevation, unless I run much smaller loops on top of the mesa.

I know this was a typo but I expected the response to be, the only way it's flat is if I run weest.

Dave

GinnyinPA

Re: pace vs. effort - I did a marathon plan (BAA) that had the hill repeats uphill at 10k pace and downhill at marathon pace. They started at 300 m. and increased to 800 m. climbs at 3-5%. No mention of doing it by effort, so I did them by pace. There was supposed to be a rest between repeats, which was hard since I was training in winter.