Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

cjones1

and God willing, a gold medal pooping.  

Lol.  I usually just hope for a podium finish.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Hip Redux

Lol.  I usually just hope for a podium flush.

FYP  (because what else would you get for a gold medal poop?)

workinprogress11

I'm sorry for those who are injured and/or sick. I hope you all recover soon.

6 progressive miles for me. It took about 4 miles to warm up today for some reason, but the last two felt great.

Hip Redux

I'm pretty sure my klutziness is genetic, but I don't think it's contagious.  DH rarely does dumb things like I do.

ETA:  I can recommend a good chiropractor.  It just requires a quick trip to NC.

Heh lol  I don't think I could get myself in the car to get to the airport at this point!

The good news is I've been through this a billion times before.   I know I'll be ok eventually.  It just came at a really bad time - finally get some nice weather, and I'm sitting on my ass.   

I resorted to taking some of the oxycodone I have on hand tonight and it's feeling better.  I hate having to do it because it makes my vision wonky, but I was literally having trouble even just getting myself on the toilet, and I ain't got time for that crap.

LRB

I hate having to do it because it makes my vision wonky, but I was literally having trouble even just getting myself on the toilet, and I ain't got time for that crap.

I see what you did there.

LRB

FYP  (because what else would you get for a gold medal poop?)

lol

LRB

I'm sorry for those who are injured and/or sick. I hope you all recover soon.

6 progressive miles for me. It took about 4 miles to warm up today for some reason, but the last two felt great.

When is your race, or are you just chilling?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Took another rest day from running. DH wanted to go out for dinner, who am I to argue? Came back and did some gardening. Cut back raspberries and planted 2 blueberry plants. Raspberries I have no problem growing. Never had luck with blueberries. And I bet the deer will have a feast if I actually get berries. I did do some core work & stretching.

I carbo loaded for my half.  Or at least that's the excuse I'll use for eating lots of Easter candy.

Docket_Rocket

My 5 were done.  It was still 86F at 7pm but I didn't care.  I needed the run to make my migraine feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hey... I'm impressed. I figured your embarrassingly slow pace would be 8:30.

Heh, my splits were 9:54, 9:53, 9:54.  I couldn't duplicate that on a treadmill.

<3

onemile

I ran 8 with 4 at "MP".  This one felt encouragingly easy.

Zelanie

I think this is where somebody needs to mention Pop Tarts.

My pre-race rules seem to be no veggies or fruits after lunch the day before (bananas are OK), no dairy or high-fiber foods all day.  If I went to the pasta dinner, I would be the wierdo with the plan pasta.  Heh.

Ran 10 really nice miles tonight.

workinprogress11

When is your race, or are you just chilling?

No race. Just chillaxin'.  Good luck at the doctor tomorrow!