Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - No wind. Winning. (Read 38 times)

I've never done it, and can't ever say I will, but I am amazed by those who run the day after a marathon. Not like it's some sort of monumental feat, I've just never had any desire to do it.

+1000. I had a 90 day streak going into my last marathon, but there was never a thought in my mind about running the next day. Typically 2-3 days off for me.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

There was no way in hell I was running the day after my marathon. I was lucky to walk forwards down the steps.

Docket_Rocket

Oh and here's a pic from my recent HM. Not sure at what point in the race that was, since the expression on my face reflects how I felt pretty much the whole way. (Incidentally the shirt is from my first marathon, in 2012. It's seen some mileage.)

You look a little...blue

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Quit at 8 miles (4 solo and 4 with hubby).  So tired today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Strength training.

There was no way in hell I was running the day after my marathon. I was lucky to walk forwards down the steps.

+1

I think after my last marathon (2015) I ran it on a Sunday, and tried to run on a Thursday (what is that, 3 full days off and running on the 4th???) and EVERYTHING just felt all sorts of wrong. So I abandoned ship for another couple days and then slogged through like 3 miles.

Speaking of miles, I ran 7.5 today. In the glorious cool! My legs felt dead, despite the amazing weather and flat terrain.

Docket, hope you're able to rest.

LM, how are your legs feeling? Any ideas about what your next marathon will be?

bluerun

Super B****

Apparently I’m the only person who takes a couple of weeks off after a marathon.  And I’m still the one who keeps breaking.  Sounds right.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, Sand. This week has been hectic and I have a big hearing tomorrow. I suspect part of it it’s exhaustion and the other part is my asthma not being happy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

After my marathon I think I took 5 days off. And then attempted to run 3 miles and my quads seized up a half mile in and I waddled home

onemile

Apparently I’m the only person who takes a couple of weeks off after a marathon.  And I’m still the one who keeps breaking.  Sounds right.

I usually take 1 to 2 weeks off after

RunningOnSand

I should also mention I’m nowhere near the caliber of most of you on here. I’ve never fully raced a FM (yet...😛). Hence my shorter non running time.

RunningOnSand

Thanks, Sand. This week has been hectic and I have a big hearing tomorrow. I suspect part of it it’s exhaustion and the other part is my asthma not being happy.

Yeah, your schedule sounds nuts. Is your asthma worse in the heat? Or is it always hot?

Docket_Rocket

I normally take 1-2 days, lol.  I am nowhere near fast than you (or anyone) but I find active recovery much better than not running at all.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, your schedule sounds nuts. Is your asthma worse in the heat? Or is it always hot?

Yes, humidity does me in but today it was glorious outside which is why I went there.  Allergens (pollen, etc.) must have been high. I'm allergic to...dust, so air would kill me if windy or dusty.

Damaris

Fundraising Page